Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How was Edexcel physics?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do solid materials cause i did and i thought that it was the hardest out of the three papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematician)
    Y was pointing to the right of the page
    i did it to the left intially then the last question basically told u it was to the right, cos it wanted u to find the moment at Y, so it had to be right of the page.
    ???
    how can it be the right of the page?
    meaning that it will break from the right??how can it be??
    i mean,try to think of it like imagining,if you were to be pulling a branch like that in real life...where would the stick bend to???
    and yeah,you can still take moments if you put it on the left
    400N ++
    and thats quite possible
    1000N is a bit too much dont you think so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    emf = V + Ir
    0.58 = 0.45 + 0.6r
    r = 0.22 ohms

I didn't use the gradient.
    first question, force examples
    weight of man standing on earth, e-m force might be two magnets touching,
    nuclear force might be the force between neutrons and protons in a nucleus.

equal, opposite, same type of force

next question was piss
    last part of the next question F=mv-mu/t
    F was like 34N OR 32.
    plant question was easy too.
    if the distance is reduced then the force required by gardeneer has to increase as the moment is reduced (fx)
    ionization question and range - you just had to say tht energy of particles is used for inisation and there fore the range willl be reduced as energy is lost too ionisation of sumfing like tht.
    truck question - velocity ended up being 0.06m/s
    density question was piss, thickness of lead ended up being sumfing like 7x10^-4m
    last question was tricky, the graph went down a fraction then when it went towards P itwent down then went up( repulsive force, then pushing force when it passes, then then the line goes down a fraction again until it reaches the same point as it started.
    the very last part im not too sure, i would of thought the line would have been above the line given, but according to them it should have gone under

ReputationRep:
    emf = V + Ir
    0.58 = 0.45 + 0.6r
    r = 0.22 ohms
    Thats what i did as well.

ReputationRep:
    emf = V + Ir
    0.58 = 0.45 + 0.6r
    r = 0.22 ohms

I didn't use the gradient.
    phew i thought i got it wrong... i put 0.2167... same right? were we meant to give it to 2dp? will i get penalised for doing it to 4 dp? damn... i never read the questions properly...

ReputationRep:
    In phy3 astrophysics, what the heck happens to a white dwarf???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    u mean how it differs to a main sequence star
    no more nucleur fusion in white dwarf and a white dwarf has a low luminosity and is very hot

ReputationRep:
    this is what i did for the bubble:
    delta p = (1170)(9.81)(30)
    delta p = 334.331 kPa

since they say that p increases as you go down, this means that delta p must be negative (becasue the bubble moves upwards).
    this means that the initial pressure (p1) will be 101 kPa + 334.331 kPa = 445.331 kPa

V1 = 2 cm^3 = 2*(10^-6) m^3
    p2 = 101 kPa
    then using p1V1 = p2V2:

V2 = 8.82*(10^-6) m^3
    V2 = 8.82 m^3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    1) no way to keep the heat in the core( btw ... u had to mention its a very hot core)
    2) keeps on radiating heat energy in space
    3) becomes a black dwarf ( core temp 0 K )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    1) no way to keep the heat in the core( btw ... u had to mention its a very hot core)
    oh sorry i was thinkin of another question

ReputationRep:
    yer for that question i said there was no more nucleaur fusion and will keep on fading until it became a black dwarf

ReputationRep:
    A black dwarf? wtf... I never read/heard anything about any black dwarves. I just said its temperature would fall and it would be put off.

P = dgh
    1170*9.81*30
    344.331 Kpa

P1v1=P2V2
    344.331*2=101*v2
    v2 = 6.8 ...

dont know if its rite or not

im never sure about n e of my answers in physics
    I cant believe how stupid I am... I never thought of using the equation they GAVE us and made up my own spazmatronic method (which was wrong) instead

GRRRRR

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    btw ... they wont deduct marks for not mentioning a black dwarf ... its not in the syllabus and none exist n e way in the universe .. the time taken to become a black dwarf is longer than the thoeretical age of our universe ...
    brown dwarfs (750 k ) exist .. but cooling is according to newtons laws of cooling ... .. so they pretty much stay where they are (temp i mean) ..

irrelevant to the syllabus but intersting nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    btw ... they wont deduct marks for not mentioning a black dwarf ... its not in the syllabus and none exist n e way in the universe .. the time taken to become a black dwarf is longer than the thoeretical age of our universe ...
    brown dwarfs (750 k ) exist .. but cooling is according to newtons laws of cooling ... .. so they pretty much stay where they are (temp i mean) ..

irrelevant to the syllabus but intersting nonetheless
    Phew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    this is what i did for the bubble:
    delta p = (1170)(9.81)(30)
    delta p = 334.331 kPa

since they say that p increases as you go down, this means that delta p must be negative (becasue the bubble moves upwards).
    this means that the initial pressure (p1) will be 101 kPa + 334.331 kPa = 445.331 kPa

V1 = 2 cm^3 = 2*(10^-6) m^3
    p2 = 101 kPa
    then using p1V1 = p2V2:

V2 = 8.82*(10^-6) m^3
    V2 = 8.82 m^3
    well this is right or the 6.8 is right... I know my 4.8 is wrong because no one else got 4.8 and didn't revise for this... so i must be wrong... I kind of see what your getting at mockel... but for me it doesn't really matter now... I just gotta focus on phy 5 now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    well this is right or the 6.8 is right... I know my 4.8 is wrong because no one else got 4.8 and didn't revise for this... so i must be wrong... I kind of see what your getting at mockel... but for me it doesn't really matter now... I just gotta focus on phy 5 now...
    well, i still think my method is right ....but i'm not completely sure now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    tht phy 3 was generally prett piss
    wot did ppl get the greater surface area for and the greatest intensity for.
    did ppl get gemini to be like 11.1 times greater.
    and disadvantage of on the ground was that radiation would be hindered when it arrives at the telescope

ReputationRep:
    The question in unit2? I got r = 0.22 ohms.

right.... got 0.22

(Original post by mockel)
    well, i still think my method is right ....but i'm not completely sure now...
    well i got something like 2.7. Do you feel better now?!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.