Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How was Edexcel physics?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazMaTaz)
    the bubble wasn't 6.8 ! thats what i put but then i found out the value for the underwater pressure was about 382 (or something) + 101 (**** !) so it came out at about 8.4 or something, bastered noob i am

thats right... .the answer is 8.8cm3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yipee)
    oh yeh...what did everyone get about the delta U = delta W + delta Q , one?
    U=0
    constant temp means no internal energy is lost or gained

W= -2016 j
    all heat gained by electrical working is lost to the water

Q = +2016 J
    continuous work done on the heating element by the power supply

basically all u had to show is U = 0
    then W=-Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    emf = V + Ir
    0.58 = 0.45 + 0.6r
    r = 0.22 ohms

I didn't use the gradient.

YESSSS ... papers werent that gr8... but did get this right... get the emf from the graph.. along with voltage and current.... and use the formula..

V=E-Ir to get r

ReputationRep:
    For the question of the alpha particle graph...this is what i did

forces at X and Y are away from the nucleus....as the particle moves closer to P the decelerating force is greater... (for those doing A2 physics as well... f=kqQ/r2 from unit 5 can apply here.)... so it slows down.... and as it moves away.. there is an accelerating force... so the speed increases back to the same level at Y.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    have done unit 2 about 3 hours ago
    for that question with the bubble, ive added the atmospheric pressure to result i got for p, so mmy answer for volume was 8.6cm³
    is it actually correct?

What did you get for DeltaQ in question 3?

peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematician)
    tht phy 3 was generally prett piss
    wot did ppl get the greater surface area for and the greatest intensity for.
    did ppl get gemini to be like 11.1 times greater.
    and disadvantage of on the ground was that radiation would be hindered when it arrives at the telescope
    deneb larger surface area and vega more intensity
    11.1 is rite ..
    i rote the friggin telescope wont move if its underground so it can only focus in one direction ....
    btw .. the advantage of a larger dish was to detect less luminous light sources in the sky ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    U=0
    constant temp means no internal energy is lost or gained

W= -2016 j
    all heat gained by electrical working is lost to the water

Q = +2016 J
    continuous work done on the heating element by the power supply

basically all u had to show is U = 0
    then W=-Q

delta W can never be negative.... the question said the law applies to the COIl... work is done on the coil by the power supply...
    so delta W=+2016
    all the heat is loss by the system(coil) so delta Q(which stands for heat GAINED by the system) is -ve 2016.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    deneb larger surface area and vega more intensity
    11.1 is rite ..
    i rote the friggin telescope wont move if its underground so it can only focus in one direction ....
    btw .. the advantage of a larger dish was to detect less luminous light sources in the sky ?
    yer phy 1 and 3 were very nice exams actually,

ReputationRep:
    oop my questions have already been answered!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RussianDude)
    hey guys
    have done unit 2 about 3 hours ago
    for that question with the bubble, ive added the atmospheric pressure to result i got for p, so mmy answer for volume was 8.6cm³
    is it actually correct?

What did you get for DeltaQ in question 3?

peace

thats right... i got 8.8..... u have to add the 101kpa pressure... cuz the question says that the formula given only gives the pressure INCREASE.... so to get the actual pressure u add the 101kpa.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    delta W can never be negative.... the question said the law applies to the COIl... work is done on the coil by the power supply...
    so delta W=+2016
    all the heat is loss by the system(coil) so delta Q(which stands for heat GAINED by the system) is -ve 2016.
    my bad ... it was a typo

ReputationRep:
    agh yeh im gona try and forget about it all now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])

forces at X and Y are away from the nucleus....as the particle moves closer to P the decelerating force is greater... (for those doing A2 physics as well... f=kqQ/r2 from unit 5 can apply here.)... so it slows down.... and as it moves away.. there is an accelerating force... so the speed increases back to the same level at Y.
    yer thats wot i did, as particle approaches p its speed decreases due to the reulsive force from nucleus, then as it moves past it experiences a pushing force so the speed increases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yipee)
    agh yeh im gona try and forget about it all now :cool:

im with u bro.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT did ppl get for the thickness of the lead? (phy 1)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])

there is no decelerating force...there is an accelerating force since both charges are positive and therefore repel each other...alpha has charge 2+ and the nuclues has a positive charge
    if you use F = kq1q2/r² when you reach closer to the nucleus,which means r is reduced and F is greater,therefore a larger force..
    when there is a larger force,there is an increase in acceleration..

the graph should show an inverse V graph

and as for the thickness of the graph,i know i had something x 10^-4 m
    i know thats the right answer,cause ive read from it somewhere..repeat from a different exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalaysianDude)
    there is no decelerating force...there is an accelerating force since both charges are positive and therefore repel each other...alpha has charge 2+ and the nuclues has a positive charge
    if you use F = kq1q2/r² when you reach closer to the nucleus,which means r is reduced and F is greater,therefore a larger force..

NO, thats wrong, your basically saying as the alpha particle approaches nucleus it is ATTRACTED TO IT?, how does that work,
    its repulsed, then as it goes passed the nucleus there is a puching force on the particle, so the line goes down a fraction( as it is very ionising), then the line drops, then almost instantly the line increases and carries along to the same point as the beggining

ReputationRep:

i know thats the right answer,cause ive read from it somewhere..repeat from a different exam board

the alpha partuicle was travelling from left towards P..... the force from P was towards the right.... so it decelerates..... after passing p.. the force from p is in the direction as its direction of travel..so it accelerates..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazMaTaz)
    the bubble wasn't 6.8 ! thats what i put but then i found out the value for the underwater pressure was about 382 (or something) + 101 (**** !) so it came out at about 8.4 or something, bastered noob i am
    yeah i got 8.82 too m8...that is right cos 344331 was the increase in pressure so u got 2.oocm^3*(334331+101000/101000

ReputationRep:

i got 7x10^-4m

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.