The Student Room Group

English controlled assessments

Hey, forum!

I'm new here so I hope I get this right :smile:

For the controlled assessments we have to get on with and do in year 11 - how exactly do these tie in with our final grade? I know each (lang & lit) count towards our final grade in different amounts/ percentages but by how much of a difference will these make to our overall grade?
For language, I'm currently sitting on a B after receiving 2 A's and a C (we have just completed the other assessment that may replace the C if it's good enough:smile:) and for Lang, i'm resitting my assessment because I mucked up...
I'm really hoping to study psychology in the future and NEED at least a B in English in order to be accepted. Obviously, I'm aiming for a top grade, so HOW MUCH of a difference will these grades make/ affect my overall grade?

And also, are the controlled assessment scores converted into UMS points? Do any of you have the boundaries/ conversions? (from raw to UMS)

AND FINALLY (sorry), how are the two (controlled assessments AND exam results) added up to fit into 2 GCSE's (Lang & Lit)?

THANKS SO MUCH :smile:

Quick Reply