Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I want to apply for Nottingham Trent to do Psychology and I do want to do the 4 year course with the placement, but my target grades are BBB which is only 300 UCAS points whereas the 4 year course asks for 320. If I applied for the normal 3 year one it is 280 UCAS points so I am more likely to get an offer. If I apply for the normal 3 year course is it possible for me to still do the placement course once I am at uni or would I have had to specifically applied for the 4 year course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by simmyx1998)
    So I want to apply for Nottingham Trent to do Psychology and I do want to do the 4 year course with the placement, but my target grades are BBB which is only 300 UCAS points whereas the 4 year course asks for 320. If I applied for the normal 3 year one it is 280 UCAS points so I am more likely to get an offer. If I apply for the normal 3 year course is it possible for me to still do the placement course once I am at uni or would I have had to specifically applied for the 4 year course?
    Hi simmyx1998,

Sorry for the late reply!

The reason why the psychology course with the sandwich year has higher entry requirements is because of the limited number of psychology placements available.

However there is some flexibility to move to the placement course from the full-time course, depending on your progress on the course and the availability of placements.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
    Hi simmyx1998,

Sorry for the late reply!

The reason why the psychology course with the sandwich year has higher entry requirements is because of the limited number of psychology placements available.

However there is some flexibility to move to the placement course from the full-time course, depending on your progress on the course and the availability of placements.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
    Okay that's great thanks so providing I do well it is possible to switch?
    Also if I did just apply for the sandwich course am I likely to get an offer with predicted grades BBB?
    Thank you.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by simmyx1998)
    Okay that's great thanks so providing I do well it is possible to switch?
    Also if I did just apply for the sandwich course am I likely to get an offer with predicted grades BBB?
    Thank you.
    Hi simmyx1998,

Yes, providing you do well and they have the placements available, switching to the sandwich course would be possible.

Regarding the likelihood of you getting an offer, I really can't say I'm afraid! I know that the admissions considers applications on a case by case basis. However, I would recommend that within your choices you have a wide range of entry requirements, so the full time course may be the better option, just to be safe.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
    Hi simmyx1998,

Yes, providing you do well and they have the placements available, switching to the sandwich course would be possible.

Regarding the likelihood of you getting an offer, I really can't say I'm afraid! I know that the admissions considers applications on a case by case basis. However, I would recommend that within your choices you have a wide range of entry requirements, so the full time course may be the better option, just to be safe.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
    Okay that's great thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I have started doing fashion marketing 4 weeks in really want to switch to fashion journalism would this be possible noe
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by WrightSJW)
    I have started doing fashion marketing 4 weeks in really want to switch to fashion journalism would this be possible noe
    Hey WrightSJW

Have you spoken to your personal tutor? They will be the best person to speak to in the first instance and will be able to point you in the right direction of who to speak to.

Let me know if I can help you any further

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.