Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Eligible for Nursing tuition fees?? watch

    • Thread Starter


    I am in desperate need of help please.

    I was a Nursing student in the September 2009 intake doing BSc (hons) Mental health Nursing.
    I had to step off the course in June 2012 due to falling pregnant and being hospitalised with ill health in relation to my pregnancy. Therefore unfortunately I could not complete the degree, I had my final placement and assignment left to complete before i could qualify as a Mental health nurse.

    I would love nothing more then be able to go back to university and complete my dream. I am just concerned about whether there is any way at all i will be able to get further funding for the tuition fees?
    I contacted the university and they said i would need to do 2 years as the curriculum has changed or possibly a year and a half.

    I am begging you to please help me. I am in desperate need of some advice. I need to set a good example for my children and want to be able to provide for them.

    Thanks for reading this and i look forward to your response.

    Kind regards

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Michelle,

    As long as you have no other previous study, you will still have your gift year to use so that will be one year of full funding. You may also apply for compelling personal reasons to get one year of study back. To do this, you would need to apply for funding for the course, then send us in medical evidence to show why you were unable to complete the course in 2012.

Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.