Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm studying on a LLB law course at the moment 1st year however have missed a lot already and will continue to due to medical and personal reasons and feel like it's likely that I will fail the whole year despite the effort I make,
    Would there be an option for me to retake the whole year again obviously in the next academic year instead of progressing onto the 2nd year?

ReputationRep:
    Usually yes but you need to talk to your uni- they might even be able to help it coming to that. You should have an assigned personal tutor or something like that, go see them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenef1996)
    Hi
    I'm studying on a LLB law course at the moment 1st year however have missed a lot already and will continue to due to medical and personal reasons and feel like it's likely that I will fail the whole year despite the effort I make,
    Would there be an option for me to retake the whole year again obviously in the next academic year instead of progressing onto the 2nd year?
    as you have extenuating circumstances then yes, it is possible they could let you, 'intercalate' is the official word for taking time out of studies at universities. As BKS said first point of call should be your advisor, you should arrange a meeting with them and they should be able to advise you on how to formally do so or at least point you in the right direction- at my uni for example a form has to be signed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenef1996)
    Hi
    You may be able to take you exams in august when people are retaking, difference being your maximum grade will not be capped as you have extenuating circumstances

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.