Turn on thread page Beta

Have Dentistry Exam in 3 weeks , Can't study watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Need some motivational people to make me start studying

ReputationRep:
    Get it done!

ReputationRep:
    Shia Laboeuf himself would say: "JUST DO IT!". If you need motivation then go nowhere other than youtube and watch Shia or Rocky quotes. You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

ReputationRep:
    Get off tsr lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Need some motivational people to make me start studying
    Well, if you don't study, you wont pass, you won't be a dentist and then you can't fix problematic teeth like these.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Make your self go to library even if you have one near you cos wheb you go all rhe way there you will study cos youll be like i came all this way i have to study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Well, if you don't study, you wont pass, you won't be a dentist and then you can't fix problematic teeth like these.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That image made my heart rate increase 10 fold.

ReputationRep:
    That image made my heart rate increase 10 fold.
    Doesn't it feel like she is about to lick your face if you stare at it too long?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it feel like she is about to lick your face if you stare at it too long?
    I have't stared at it long enough to answer that question, thankfully.

Luckily none of my patients try to lick my face

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I have't stared at it long enough to answer that question, thankfully.

Luckily none of my patients try to lick my face
    Stare at it! Goo onnnnnn.

Welllll.....you're still a student and you have a life time of patients to come yet....sooooo hopefully your time will come!

I licked my dentists fingers once, that was an awkward moments....:blushing:

ReputationRep:
    Stare at it! Goo onnnnnn.

Welllll.....you're still a student and you have a life time of patients to come yet....sooooo hopefully your time will come!

I licked my dentists fingers once, that was an awkward moments....:blushing:
    I don't want to stare at it

There are more worrying thing that I may have to deal with in my lifetime as a dentist, such as medical emergencies

Ahaha were you hungry ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to stare at it

There are more worrying thing that I may have to deal with in my lifetime as a dentist, such as medical emergencies

Ahaha were you hungry ?

Lol fair enough but surely someone licking your face is frightening.

What if something goes really wrong, and your patient bleeds a ridiculous amount of blood, what do you do then?

Yes, his fingers clearly just looked really appetising y'know covered in all that latex glove...

ReputationRep:

Lol fair enough but surely someone licking your face is frightening.

What if something goes really wrong, and your patient bleeds a ridiculous amount of blood, what do you do then?

Yes, his fingers clearly just looked really appetising y'know covered in all that latex glove...
    It isn't frightening, it's just largely strange aha

Bleeding a lot of blood is very common in patients who are on anticoagulants. These patients tend to be those with heart problems. The anticoagulants are used to thin out their blood to prevent blood clotting in arteries in patients who are moderate+ risk of heart attacks. I was talking more on the lines of people passing out, having a stroke, heart attack, or even dying. These things happen often.

Majority of gloves in clinics are latex free. Latex is a common allergen that affects a lot of people. It can lead to anaphylaxis which is also very common in the dental clinic. We do have epinephrine at hand though so managing this particular medical emergency is rather straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't start studying you may fail the exam. If you fail you may need to resit, however there may be circumstances out of your control that may prevent you for sitting the exam / or doing good in the resit. You may be dropped out of university. Your parents will be disappointed in you and you will live in the shadows of your more successful siblings. Working in a minimum wage job, you will be dreaming of the prestigious dentists salary you're currently aiming for. You will be a nobody.

You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha lol. but get off tsr and revise your ass off so you can become a dentist. what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captain_falcon)
    Hahaha lol. but get off tsr and revise your ass off so you can become a dentist. what year are you in?
    year 3 xD

ReputationRep:
    Use a website called cold turkey to block the websites that distract you, you can block them for certain times

ReputationRep:
    year 3 xD
    Well, good luck to you in a few weeks time hehe. :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBs8eM6X90

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.