Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is this normal, anyone else feeling the same? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey for a while now I've been feeling different, is this normal and does anyone have any advice? Here's what's been going on:
    -I start getting head pain randomly now and I used to never get head aches
    -I've started self harming
    -I don't meet new people who I haven't met before, I can't bring myself to do it I'm SO nervous. This means I go no where in relationships.
    -I'm so scared about being in a room full of people, what if someone's sick or I can't escape? I have a phobia of vomit so that's why I'm so worried hahaha
    -I can't walk into a room full of people
    - can never fall asleep for hours at night, but always so tired in the day
    - I get irritated so easily
    - I just feel so sad and pointless when I think about life

I'm 17, so maybe this is all normal? I don't know. It sucks though. Anyone help? Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey for a while now I've been feeling different, is this normal and does anyone have any advice? Here's what's been going on:
    -I start getting head pain randomly now and I used to never get head aches

This could be caused by the issues below:-

-I've started self harming

Ideally, you will be able to confide in your parents who should want to help. If not, you should still get help for this, a GP perhaps. Don't worry about what they will think, they will have seen this (and much worse) before.

-I don't meet new people who I haven't met before, I can't bring myself to do it I'm SO nervous. This means I go no where in relationships.
    -I'm so scared about being in a room full of people, what if someone's sick or I can't escape? I have a phobia of vomit so that's why I'm so worried hahaha
    -I can't walk into a room full of people
    - can never fall asleep for hours at night, but always so tired in the day
    - I get irritated so easily
    - I just feel so sad and pointless when I think about life

All of the above point to anxiety and depression. Again, your GP can help.

I'm 17, so maybe this is all normal? I don't know. It sucks though. Anyone help? Thankyou

Given your age, if you are at college, is there a form tutor/counsellor you can confide in?

Personally I don't like the word 'normal' as everyone's experiences of life lie on a massive spectrum but while your experiences are not uncommon, they would lie outside what many would regard as 'normal' or desirable. Again, given you are 17 I would talk to your parents if you feel able, if not a trusted family member or GP/pastoral person at your college.

PS many people go through what you are going through and get through it (with some help) and have brilliant lives, good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.