This discussion is closed.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I know the cut off date has probbaly passed but what about clearing? I have done 2 years of chemisty at uni but after becomeing bored with it dropped out. I am now thinking a studying Biomedical Science if I don't get into the RAF. How does clearing work?
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
I know the cut off date has probbaly passed but what about clearing? I have done 2 years of chemisty at uni but after becomeing bored with it dropped out. I am now thinking a studying Biomedical Science if I don't get into the RAF. How does clearing work?
the last date for applications is 30th june...
you have to have applied and been rejected in order to go through clearing...
if you are thinking of going to uni i suggest you get an application form (http://www.ucas.com ) and apply..asap!!
then, if you are rejected from those universities, you can go through clearing for any which have other spaces....

Good luck!!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think you might actually be able to go through clearing....
if you apply after 30 june...
http://www.ucas.com/getting/clearing/index.html

its all a bit confusing!!

Pencil Queen will know- she is really clever and knows all about uni stuff!!
fully
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
you can apply to UCAS after june 30th but you will automatically go into clearing. You'll be sent the clearing forms to use after the results come out on august 19th.

For info about how clearing works just read the relevent pages on the UCAS site.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had a friend last year who went through clearing without having applied at all (he'd rest his AS year and got really good grades the 2nd time, and he'd had ok grades the 1st time just didn't like the school, so decided to apply to uni with 10 AS grades)

lou xxx
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
my boyfriend applied this time last year, he gave in his form the day before the deadline in fact (which i think is the 30th june). go for it! u can only apply through clearing if you applied to ucas but it's not too late, you'll have to whizz up a personal statement though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (117)
55.19%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
8.96%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.72%

Watched Threads