Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

human rights VS religion rights watch

ReputationRep:
    would u prefer human rights or the religion rights
    there are some situations, where u r allowed to do things in a certain age under the human rights but that same thing isn't not allowed in religion. e.g is some situation, u have a certain human right to do something whereas in ur religion u forbidden to perform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    would u prefer human rights or the religion rights
    there are some situations, where u r to do in a certain age under the human rights but that same thing not allowed in religion.
    I wonder which religion it is you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Human rights.

ReputationRep:
    Human right should ALWAYS come before religious right.

Not everyone is religious, whereas human rights affect everyone and should thus take precedence.

Religious freedom is important, however I don't think it should ever be able to effect anyone else's life. People often use things like 'oh but my religion allows me to say this' to excuse their discriminatory, sexist, homophobic and etc behaviour. Idc if your religion says it, not everyone believes the same things and hence you're just being a ****.

I'm a gay Christian, so I can see things from both sides of the spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    I wonder which religion it is you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Human rights.
    any religion really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)

Not everyone is religious, whereas human rights affect everyone and should thus take precedence.

Religious freedom is important, however I don't think it should ever be able to effect anyone else's life. People often use things like 'oh but my religion allows me to say this' to excuse their discriminatory, sexist, homophobic and etc behaviour. Idc if your religion says it, not everyone believes the same things and hence you're just being a ****.

u not saying this to me right
    what if ur parents r religious n ur religion is totally against with homosexual

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt, human rights. At-least I know I will be treated by my humanity, and not my religion/religious status (as in caste/sects/groups)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StolenPrivacy)
    Without a doubt, human rights. At-least I know I will be treated by my humanity, and not my religion/religious status (as in caste/sects/groups)
    some rights can influence ur life either good or bad but for example, in human rights sex is allowed in a certain age i think 16?? (not sure) whereas in religion; sex isn't allowed before marriage
    what if u being in a relationship and ur bf or gf is cheating on u and she/he used u and have sex with u and then later ditch u and then u will b in a massive mental trauma whereas i think that wouldn't b happen coz after marriage coz marriage is a commitment

ReputationRep:
    human rights > religious rights

ReputationRep:
    some rights can influence ur life either good or bad but for example, in human rights sex is allowed in a certain age i think 16?? (not sure) whereas in religion; sex isn't allowed before marriage
    what if u being in a relationship and ur bf or gf is cheating on u and she/he used u and have sex with u and then later ditch u and then u will b in a massive mental trauma whereas i think that wouldn't b happen coz after marriage coz marriage is a commitment
    That is the decision of the person in the relationship, and religion doesn't really affect it. People will still want to chase after guys/girls and some people will stay loyal all the way through a relationship, and it will happen in marriage too. I mean look at how popular Ashley Madison was/is.

I'd rather human rights in all cases

ReputationRep:
    u not saying this to me right
    what if ur parents r religious n ur religion is totally against with homosexual
    Then that's for you and them to deal with. At least with human rights taking precedence over religious dogma, the bigoted views of others have no legal power to stop you doing as you please, say you wished to marry a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Your question didn't really make sense to me

ReputationRep:

Do your religious mates know you're gay?
    How do they take it?

ReputationRep:
    Religion is man-made.

ReputationRep:
    for me Animal rights > Religious rights ..
    so Halal and Kosher bye bye

ReputationRep:
    Human rights yes these are before religion rights. Because any category or religion firstly we are a human.
    These rights are equal to everyone so their is no partiality or any kind of interruption.

hair transplant in delhi | Hair Transplant in Chandigarh
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

:yep: :five: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    But having the right to do something doesn't mean that thing is obligatory. Having the right to have sex outside marriage/casual sex/open relationships etc. doesn't take away the right of a person who believes that is against their religion to only have sex in a closed marriage. But insisting that everyone has to follow the rules of one religion (not all religions have the same views on every issue and even within one religion different denominations can take different views) does take away the rights of people who are not part of your religion. Your rights end where someone else's begin. Your right to practice your religion doesn't give you the freedom to take away someone else's rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Do your religious mates know you're gay?
    How do they take it?
    Yeah, I'm out to them all. I'm lucky as I go to a very friendly LGBTQ+ church where my pastor was just like 'so what' and got on with his day.

The majority of my friends don't give a damn. I find that most Christians my age aren't bothered just because of the more progressive society they've grown up in. Don't get me wrong, I've had a few people block me from facebook and refuse to talk to me, but I don't give them the time of day. One of my best friends who has been a Christian her entire life got up and walked out of church because they were praying against gay marriage, so people like her give me hope ^^

If any Christian is ever outright homophobic towards someone then they are not a Christian in my opinion as they are not acting how Jesus would act. Jesus was the friend of beggars, prostitutes and tax collectors (who were as hated as paedophiles are today) and if people genuinely think that he would approve of spreading hate then they need to take another look at the bible. Jesus is the very definition of love and acceptance and even tells us never to judge because biblically speaking we are all as sinful as each other :P

p.s. I really don't wanna get into a religious argument with anyone over this post- it's just my opinion ^^

p.s.s. also just adding that, for example, someone having sex outside of marriage doesn't take away your right to wait until after marriage. It's silly to expect everyone to follow the same ideas if they don't share your believes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm out to them all. I'm lucky as I go to a very friendly LGBTQ+ church where my pastor was just like 'so what' and got on with his day.

The majority of my friends don't give a damn. I find that most Christians my age aren't bothered just because of the more progressive society they've grown up in. Don't get me wrong, I've had a few people block me from facebook and refuse to talk to me, but I don't give them the time of day. One of my best friends who has been a Christian her entire life got up and walked out of church because they were praying against gay marriage, so people like her give me hope ^^

If any Christian is ever outright homophobic towards someone then they are not a Christian in my opinion as they are not acting how Jesus would act. Jesus was the friend of beggars, prostitutes and tax collectors (who were as hated as paedophiles are today) and if people genuinely think that he would approve of spreading hate then they need to take another look at the bible. Jesus is the very definition of love and acceptance and even tells us never to judge because biblically speaking we are all as sinful as each other :P

p.s. I really don't wanna get into a religious argument with anyone over this post- it's just my opinion ^^

p.s.s. also just adding that, for example, someone having sex outside of marriage doesn't take away your right to wait until after marriage. It's silly to expect everyone to follow the same ideas if they don't share your believes.
    But aren't MANY Christians homophobic, as its sort of ingrained within its culture? Cognitive dissonance sort of makes it like 'yeah, we can be like Jesus... it doesn't matter if we beat up a few [insert derogatory adjective here], cause that doesn't matter'.
    Feel I should probably read a bit about this Jesus bloke. He pops up all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    I want the British nation state. I don't want human rights or religious rights.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.