Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a healthy 19 year old girl and I'm not trying for a baby and have never really had unprotected sex before this but I had unprotected sex twice this month - once five days before ovulating and once three days before. My period is due in two days but I never have any PMS symptoms, however for the past two days I have had bad cramping, a sore nipple (on one side), have been eating loads and feeling exhausted. This morning I also felt so bloating it was painful to walk. I don't know what's going on but could someone please tell me how likely it is that I'm actually pregnant? Please not lectures about being irresponsible or careless, I know there's a chance of pregnancy - but I literally just want to know whether it sounds like this chance is high or just slim. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How are you so sure when you ovulated? It's possible you might be pregnant, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you have the typical symptoms of it, yes. Can't you get your hands on a pregnancy test?

Unprotected sex right before ovulating? Considering sperm cells can live up to a week inside you (or at least that's what they told me in school); yes it is very likely that you are pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you know yourself that the chance is fairly high given you have created this thread. Therefore I would advise to take a pregnancy test.

When I was pregnant my first symptoms came about before a missed period, probably quite soon after implantation. I didn't used to get PMS either, so I knew something was different; I was really gassy (honestly could not stop farting lol, sorry!) and crampy, but also had a couple of moments where the slightest thing sent me into hysterical tears.

ReputationRep:
    I think there is every chance,,only one way to be certain..

ReputationRep:
    Take a pregnancy test and stop wasting everyone's time.

ReputationRep:
    Just fyi .. Sex 3 days before ovulation is what you do if you are trying for a baby... Piss on a stick!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.