Turn on thread page Beta

How to take care of your skin on a long haul flight? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be taking a 14 hour long flight this weekend and I really don't want to have dry skin and break outs afterwards (this is what usually happens after a long flight). So what do you guys suggest I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FishLover)
    I'm going to be taking a 14 hour long flight this weekend and I really don't want to have dry skin and break outs afterwards (this is what usually happens after a long flight). So what do you guys suggest I do?
    Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks - in fact just don't bother with them.
    Use moisturising cream.

ReputationRep:
    Mix an oil in with your moisturiser (I recommend Vitamin E oil) as this will seal in moisture. You may look a little greasy at first, but this should keep you looking fresh for a while. Just remember to make sure it fits into carry on regulations. Also consider investing in a facial spray .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks - in fact just don't bother with them.
    Use moisturising cream.
    Thanks

Do you think just a regular moisturiser would be enough or do I need something heavier like vaseline? I really rather not look like a greasy slug

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Do you think just a regular moisturiser would be enough or do I need something heavier like vaseline? I really rather not look like a greasy slug
    No idea, but the answer by TurtleberrySoup sounds like good advice.
    But bear in mind I'm a guy, I have no knowledge of these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurtleberrySoup)
    Mix an oil in with your moisturiser (I recommend Vitamin E oil) as this will seal in moisture. You may look a little greasy at first, but this should keep you looking fresh for a while. Just remember to make sure it fits into carry on regulations. Also consider investing in a facial spray .
    Awesome idea. I'm going to try this tonight, just to get the oil to moisturiser ratio right hehe. I shall look into facial sprays as well. It would probably be fun to see people's reaction when I randomly take out a spray bottle and spray my face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    No idea, but the answer by TurtleberrySoup sounds like good advice.
    But bear in mind I'm a guy, I have no knowledge of these things
    Ahaha. You clearly have some knowledge or maybe that's just common sense

ReputationRep:
    Awesome idea. I'm going to try this tonight, just to get the oil to moisturiser ratio right hehe. I shall look into facial sprays as well. It would probably be fun to see people's reaction when I randomly take out a spray bottle and spray my face
    :L I recommend Simple's brand of moisturisers, and you only need a little bit of oil - I usually apply about a level teaspoon of moisturiser and 3 - 4 drops of the oil. You can always reapply as necessary throughout the flight. The good thing about Vitamin E oil is that it absorbs really quickly. Shea butter is also good for locking in moisture. You can find it in most black hair shops, and it's available on Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    I get nose bleeds during long-haul flights from the dry air. 14 hours is a very long flight. I'd advise getting a small tin of vaseline to keep things moisturized there.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.