This discussion is closed.
bilifa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I need some ideas for what to do for my stats coursework! Its on correlation, and I want to do something interesting!! I will need to collect 50 pieces of data, so it needs to be realistic! Thanx for your help!
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bilifa)
I need some ideas for what to do for my stats coursework! Its on correlation, and I want to do something interesting!! I will need to collect 50 pieces of data, so it needs to be realistic! Thanx for your help!
I compared people's UCAS point scores and their league position of their university...took a while to calculate but it was quite interesting! Got my data from sixth form office
vinz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
correlation between height and weight not the most interesting, but it easy to obtain and fiddle :P
sioniebaby
Report 15 years ago
Is this GCSE Stats yea?
I did a really obscure one....It was the correlation between age...and the guess of how many smarties there were in a jar. We went around all the classes in our school and asked them to guess how many smarties there were in the jar......there were 987 I believe, we had real fun couting them. It was even more fun eating them all after that!!!

Most people in our class did boring ones likes the correlation between age and guesssing the length of a piece of string (psh string will never be as interesting as smarties!!!)

Have fun!!!
Dust
Report 15 years ago
lol i went for depressive stuff
the literacy rate of a country compared to the number of ppl per to a doc in a country....

it was interesting.. but then i like development stuff so blah
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dust)
lol i went for depressive stuff
the literacy rate of a country compared to the number of ppl per to a doc in a country....

it was interesting.. but then i like development stuff so blah
On that note, its far easy to get such information from text books/internet etc than it is getting more specific correlation data.
Dust
Report 15 years ago
yeah.... i liked the stat coursework.. it sure beat the P2 coursewrk, which was well dry
bilifa
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by sioniebaby)
Is this GCSE Stats yea?
I did a really obscure one....It was the correlation between age...and the guess of how many smarties there were in a jar. We went around all the classes in our school and asked them to guess how many smarties there were in the jar......there were 987 I believe, we had real fun couting them. It was even more fun eating them all after that!!!

Most people in our class did boring ones likes the correlation between age and guesssing the length of a piece of string (psh string will never be as interesting as smarties!!!)

Have fun!!!

Its a-level stats, but thanx anyway!!!
Thanx to everyone for the help!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (117)
55.19%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
8.96%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise