Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it. I only did the paper 3, and made stupid errors, by using the wrong numbers for the heating element questions, and being unable to read my calculator properly.

ReputationRep:
    I did papers 1 and 3.

Not too sure how they went really. I had to guess at a few things but looking at my notes since I think I might've got lucky

Does the lack of response mean not many people took AQA Physics A?

ReputationRep:
    I did paper 2 and 3 today...I didn't really quite get the last part of the last question on Unit 2, and another about what the average force was on the sky diver due to air resistance.
    I didn't fancy Unit 3...I think the Stress/Strain was 'ok', the first one seemed 'ok' but then again i don't know for sure if i did the right thing...
    cos were we supposed to use Current =Q/Time etc?
    I think the one about the heating element was also Ok (i hope!)
    The one I didn't like was the Thermistor question, where it said calculate the power dissipated...I think I used V^2/R....was I right in using it?
    I've found that there weren't too many calculations to play with, like the past papers, more explain, explain and explain. E.g the moments question in UNit2
    Also in Unit two, there wasn't really a BIG question on the Molecular Kinetic Theory, or Specific Heat Capacity.

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the last part of the last question on paper 3 (the youngs modulus qestion)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do AQA B unit 2 today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithrandir)
    what was the answer to the last part of the last question on paper 3 (the youngs modulus qestion)
    i think i did
    3.5*10^-3 -1.75*10^-3
    = 1.75*10^-3 metres

ReputationRep:
    weird
    my answer was 3.5*10^-3
    (7*10^-3-3.5*10^-3)
    oh well

ReputationRep:
    3.5*10^-3 -1.75*10^-3
    Hey that's exactly what i did, u'll never guess where i made a silly mistake. The question about the 2 sets pf parallel resistors in series. The answer was 1 amp and i got 2 amp coz i thought there were 6 resistors in parallel. do you know how many marks there were for that question and do u think ill get any marks out of 3 for this:

I=V/R
    =12/6
    =2

INSTEAD OF 6/6. I was really aiming high in these modules but dont think ill get 100% now, unless u can get 100% by making 2 or 3 mistakes,

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I didn't really re-check my calculations so :s...too busy answering questions I missed out!
    Can you remember the cross sectional area that was give for the steel wire, lol maybe we could bash thru the question again!
    I remember, wire were 2.5m in length each, with the something of mass 16kg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetymango)
    i think i did
    3.5*10^-3 -1.75*10^-3
    = 1.75*10^-3 metres
    I ended up with 7*10 ^-3-3.5*10^-3=3.5*10^-30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    Hey that's exactly what i did, u'll never guess where i made a silly mistake. The question about the 2 sets pf parallel resistors in series. The answer was 1 amp and i got 2 amp coz i thought there were 6 resistors in parallel. do you know how many marks there were for that question and do u think ill get any marks out of 3 for this:

I=V/R
    =12/6
    =2

INSTEAD OF 6/6. I was really aiming high in these modules but dont think ill get 100% now, unless u can get 100% by making 2 or 3 mistakes,
    Hmm I can't remember, I only remember getting 1 amp...it may have been 2/3 marks? I suppose you could get physics teacher to get hold of a past paper, to check it out, if you're desperate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I ended up with 7*10 ^-3-3.5*10^-3=3.5*10^-30
    well i think somethings happend for 2 of each of us to get two distinct answers...wonder what happened? Might have to start from part i of the question! What did you put for the tension in each string?

ReputationRep:
    I remember putting tesions as 78.84N (16*9.81)/2

ReputationRep:
    What did y'all get for the chap who was falling down?

How did you calculate the mean force of the air resistance?
    what I did was assume that he was at terminal velocity thus Force = ma = mg thus his weight = force of air resistance

ReputationRep:
    What I want to know are the last bits of the question,
    what was the force of the golf ball acting ON the club, and state the direction...

ReputationRep:
    The force was 180N in opposite direction for ball/club question.

You know in mod 3 the tension I could 78N because I used 9.8 instead of 9.81. Would that be alright u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    The force was 180N in opposite direction for ball/club question.

You know in mod 3 the tension I could 78N because I used 9.8 instead of 9.81. Would that be alright u think?
    i think it could have been, although data sheet specified 9.81, since the final answer would have been rounded off anyway.
    I thought it was 180 N at first, but did you get it from F=ma or something, did you actually have to calculate it?

ReputationRep:
    U had to calculate it from the question before it about momentum. Anyway does that mean u used 79N since u needed to round it down. If u did that's weird how did we get same answer to last question then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetymango)
    I remember putting tesions as 78.84N (16*9.81)/2

Ooops forgot about the two strings and didn't divide it by 2 :eek:

It was only 1 mark wasnt it and I should get the rest (if those parts are right) from follow through marks shouldnt I?

ReputationRep:
    yeh they'll just pretend your tension was right, and only penalise you in the first bit, they'll allow error carry forward...just out of curiousity then what did you get for the last bit, how much longer is the wire?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.