Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a main job which is part time, but it wasn't enough to get out of overdraft so I got a second job but it is only 0 hour contract - however I was hopeful, so I waited until they found a client for me to be a regular domestic cleaner and they did after about two months - but just once a fortnight for an hour! That's only giving me around 13£ a month on minimum wage which is not worth me getting up for. I could make that by just watching what I spend! I agreed to do it and it was all organised but then I sat and thought about it and realised it really isn't worth getting up for an hour just to do one person. They said they'll struggle to find anyone at all because each week my schedule is different and they cannot find regular clients for me. I've had to send an email to the coordinator saying I want to terminate my contract (still on probation). I feel so guilty as I agreed and now I'm backing down! Does anyone think I'm in the wrong by doing this?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it's OK :hugs: as long as you don't overspend you're fine

ReputationRep:
    Never feel guilty about leaving a job, they'd get rid of you in an instant if it suited them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)
    I have a main job which is part time, but it wasn't enough to get out of overdraft so I got a second job but it is only 0 hour contract - however I was hopeful, so I waited until they found a client for me to be a regular domestic cleaner and they did after about two months - but just once a fortnight for an hour! That's only giving me around 13£ a month on minimum wage which is not worth me getting up for. I could make that by just watching what I spend! I agreed to do it and it was all organised but then I sat and thought about it and realised it really isn't worth getting up for an hour just to do one person. They said they'll struggle to find anyone at all because each week my schedule is different and they cannot find regular clients for me. I've had to send an email to the coordinator saying I want to terminate my contract (still on probation). I feel so guilty as I agreed and now I'm backing down! Does anyone think I'm in the wrong by doing this?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your not earning enough then get a job with more hours; you're more important than your employer.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.