• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

https://youtu.be/_Rcc7xgD2dM
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I thought her Name was 'Merkel'?

It looks rather like that she is pissed by one of her party member of CDU off than hating Germany.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone hates Germany...ever since Prussia. 1918, 1945, 1966.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I thought her Name was 'Merkel'?

It looks rather like that she is pissed by one of her party member of CDU off than hating Germany.
    Same, I thought it was too. ;sherlock;
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by NigelSavageFLK82)
    Everyone hates Germany...ever since Prussia. 1918, 1945, 1966.
    What was happened in 1966 that everyone hates Germany?

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Same, I thought it was too. ;sherlock;
    I would say the member who has created this thread has made a typo. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    What do expect from the woman who's flooded Europe with immigrants?

And the OP hates spelling, it seems.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    those immigrants, stealing our europaness. next thing they'll be taking our champions league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    those immigrants, stealing our europaness. next thing they'll be taking our champions league
    The Champions' League, our women, our children, our jobs, our faith and our pants just to piss us off.

ReputationRep:
    German pride is still seen as taboo in Germany. Waving a German flag is often associated with right-wing views and as a result is often discouraged. It's slowly changing but unfortunately it will still take a few generations before anyone in the German-speaking world changes significantly.

ReputationRep:
    They tried to get our third goal disallowed in the World Cup final against west germany. Luckily we went on to win the World Cup. Britannia

I would say the member who has created this thread has made a typo. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, who can blame her? They aren't an easy people to like, swinging back and forth between Holocausts and self-righteous over-the-top ethical concepts with no real middle ground.

It seems like whatever Germans do, it ends up being extreme to the point of being destructive. They never do anything in half-measures or moderation, even when they should.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They tried to get our third goal disallowed in the World Cup final against west germany. Luckily we went on to win the World Cup. Britannia
    I see. But I thought the Germans have accepted this decision at that time what brought them so many sympathies around the world? or am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I see. But I thought the Germans have accepted this decision at that time what brought them so many sympathies around the world? or am I wrong?
    2 World Wars and 1 World Cup, we had em on the battlefield and on the football pitch and now they tell us what to do round bout europe. Merkels hypocrisy on the migrant crisis shows she is a typical german tyrant and the EU acts as more of a unified germany/france something not seen since late 1800s

ReputationRep:
    It's the one time in recorded human history that England beat Germany playing football. England could still do it today but only if Germany made their team play while balancing eggs on spoons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    It's the one time in recorded human history that England beat Germany playing football. England could still do it today but only if Germany made their team play while balancing eggs on spoons.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    This.
    Was the German team dressed up in "It's a Knockout" costumes?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    2 World Wars and 1 World Cup, we had em on the battlefield and on the football pitch and now they tell us what to do round bout europe. Merkels hypocrisy on the migrant crisis shows she is a typical german tyrant and the EU acts as more of a unified germany/france something not seen since late 1800s
    Hey, calm down! in World War I, Austro-Hungary has declared the war, the Germans were just followed because of the alliance (although I must confess that the Imperialism of German Reich in 1880's led to enmity with Britain, France and Russia).

Do you have an idea how the problems about refugees can be solved by the Europeans together?

This.
    This match can never be forgotten by German football fans. The bottom of Geman football against England without a doubt. Gosh, Germany was very bad at that time!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, calm down! in World War I, Austro-Hungary has declared the war, the Germans were just followed because of the alliance (although I must confess that the Imperialism of German Reich in 1880's led to enmity with Britain, France and Russia).

Do you have an idea how the problems about refugees can be solved by the Europeans together?

This match can never be forgotten by German football fans. The bottom of Geman football against England without a doubt. Gosh, Germany was very bad at that time!
    Yeah, I think that match will always stick in my mind, partly due to Heskey scoring and is brought up often when England play Germany. I guess it is probably the best match against Germany. Yeah some of the players were not the most recognisable tbh, but I think England did have Barmby playing who could have been considered as an unusual pick.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    x
    In my opinion, the squad of English national team at that time, from 1998 up tp 2004 to be exact, has had an enormous potential, but was not able to convert this named potential into success. In contrast to the Germans and Spaniards in particular.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.