Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Here we go people. I'm seriously considering becoming a Caseworker for the Department of Community Services. More specifically, the area in which the Government attempts to help young people who are facing severe problems both at school, and in the home. In essence the task is to keep children off the streets. Yet try as I might, I can't seem to find anything more than a few words of useful information about the qualifications required and interview process for Caseworkers. Is there a similar department in Britain at all? If so, could someone please send a bit of it my way via a PM???

    What I have so far is 12 months of experience as a Co-Carer for a Family Day Care organisation that runs the day care out of an individuals home. (providing certain safety requirements are met of course) And I've recently become a foster parent to a 13yr old girl who is friends with my girlfriends daughter. Also, it may not be much, but I've also dealt with 8-10yr old kids in my work as a Cub Scout leader over the past four years. Do you think any of this would hold me in good stead at all?

    All help is greatly appreciated, a bit of rep too if you really care about rep.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo


"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.