Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think you could ever torture a human to death? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You often here people say they would love to be lock in a room with such and such so they could torture them (usually a criminal that committed a serious crime). But do you think you could easily do it to them no matter how much pain they are in and how much they are begging you to stop?

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm far too soft to do this...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know.

What I do know however, is that most people that say stuff like that are obviously talking out of their arse - they would only be able to severely hurt someone in a fit of rage. If anyone here says yes they are a liar though there are definitely some freaks on here so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggs20)
    You often here people say they would love to be lock in a room with such and such so they could torture them (usually a criminal that committed a serious crime). But do you think you could easily do it to them no matter how much pain they are in and how much they are begging you to stop?
    I think a small minority of people are perfectly capable of this, otherwise there would be no murders.

ReputationRep:
    Only in that cutscene in GTA V..

ReputationRep:
    this seems liketh a rath'r incriminating posteth

ReputationRep:
    No of course not. That's just sick, who are you to decide what happens to a person irregardless of what they did? We have a justice system for that. I can never see myself doing anything harmful to a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to say stuff, carrying it out is a whole different matter.

ReputationRep:
    Cant imagine doing that to someone tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch Money)
    I don't know.

What I do know however, is that most people that say stuff like that are obviously talking out of their arse - they would only be able to severely hurt someone in a fit of rage. If anyone here says yes they are a liar though there are definitely some freaks on here so who knows.
    I think a lot of people could torture a rapist and murderer to death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tbx)
    I think a small minority of people are perfectly capable of this, otherwise there would be no murders.
    I am talking about people doing it against criminals that society hates- like rapists, murderers etc.

ReputationRep:
    death by tickles
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am talking about people doing it against criminals that society hates- like rapists, murderers etc.
    I know people that have been raped, I knew someone that was murdered. I still wouldn't want the people that did those to die, especially not by torture. There's no way I could do that to anyone ever and I'd hope that most other people would feel the same (about not torturing, I know the death penalty etc are pretty controversial).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Highly doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Two wrongs don't make a right...

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the context. Here and now, no. But put under peer pressure, following direction from someone else in authority, and being told everything is actually OK, then yes, most people would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    No of course not. That's just sick, who are you to decide what happens to a person irregardless of what they did? We have a justice system for that. I can never see myself doing anything harmful to a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes but it's easy to say you would on the spur of the moment when you're angry.

I might for a fleeting moment want to torture and kill someone who, for example, used the term "irregardless" in a sentence. But that feeling passes. Few people would follow through on their claims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    No of course not. That's just sick, who are you to decide what happens to a person regardless of what they did? We have a justice system for that. I can never see myself doing anything harmful to a person.
    What do you think a justice system is? It is just people.

That is how in the USA someone can order the death sentence, some people can strap someone into a killing chair and someone else can keep switching on and off the current that will torture someone to death.

Is it still sick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch Money)
    Highly doubt it.
    Let a famous murderer walk the street and see what happens to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvatarMew)
    Two wrongs don't make a right...
    A lot of people would say its not wrong.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.