Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First Relationship, Cultural Difference watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm 18 and a full-time college student. Will be going to the University of Salford in 2016 (hopefully)

I met my friend in China in 2013 on the Great Wall of China and then he started studying his degree in Manchester last year, he is 20 years old and Chinese. Since May 2015 we started dating each other and it has been nearly 7 months. Neither of us have had a girlfriend or boyfriend before, I feel like I don't want it to end. But I think there a few cultural things that I need to learn about, because I don't want to do anything which could cause a break-up. I know parents opinion is important, that's why I re-joined college and working towards a degree as of next year. Is there anything else I should know about? This relationship means a lot to me, we was my first kiss, hug and even the first boy I ever held hands with (Same to with him too) Feeling it's getting more serious, which I like, so please tell me anything you know about the cultural difference of Chinese male dating. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    why don't you ask him? Just ask him how he'd like to proceed with things, and if there's any cultural differences he thinks you should be made aware of

ReputationRep:
    I'm Polish and my boyfriend is Korean. We've been together for over 1 year. There are A LOT of cultural differences between us. Really. We both are like totally from two different worlds.
    You just need to talk to your boyfriend and explain him that some things in your culture means that, that and that and ask him what it means in his culture. An honest conversation with him is the best way to solve your problems.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.