Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi !
    I have received a conditional offer from University of Essex, and I am looking for positive and negative thoughts from people attending now. I am going to study psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I currently study Psychology at the University of Essex and really enjoy it!

My positives are:
    The lecturers all have their own research interests and teach their topics which makes the lectures engaging.
    The facilities are amazing. The Psychology department has its own building with modern facilities such as PC labs, experimenter booths and a baby lab.
    The campus is great. I like the layout of the campus, the squares make it easy to find your way around. There is also a lake on campus and it's a great place to sit if you are ever feeling stressed or just want to admire the views. I like that the campus also has restaurants, cafes, bars, a club, a post office, a shop and so much more on it! It makes it like a home from home.
    The other students are really friendly! If you ever get lost or need some help all the students are really kind and will do what they can to help you. This is really useful on your first week!

Negatives:
    The course does contain a lot of statistics HOWEVER every single Psychology degree no matter what university you go to will have the same amount of statistics as it is part of the BPS accreditation. A good part about the University of Essex is that you have lectures, seminars and drop in sessions all for statistics and can email your lecturer if you ever need more help.

I hope that helps, if you want to know anything else feel free to ask!
    Natalie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie.1)
    Hello,
    I currently study Psychology at the University of Essex and really enjoy it!

My positives are:
    The lecturers all have their own research interests and teach their topics which makes the lectures engaging.
    The facilities are amazing. The Psychology department has its own building with modern facilities such as PC labs, experimenter booths and a baby lab.
    The campus is great. I like the layout of the campus, the squares make it easy to find your way around. There is also a lake on campus and it's a great place to sit if you are ever feeling stressed or just want to admire the views. I like that the campus also has restaurants, cafes, bars, a club, a post office, a shop and so much more on it! It makes it like a home from home.
    The other students are really friendly! If you ever get lost or need some help all the students are really kind and will do what they can to help you. This is really useful on your first week!

Negatives:
    The course does contain a lot of statistics HOWEVER every single Psychology degree no matter what university you go to will have the same amount of statistics as it is part of the BPS accreditation. A good part about the University of Essex is that you have lectures, seminars and drop in sessions all for statistics and can email your lecturer if you ever need more help.

I hope that helps, if you want to know anything else feel free to ask!
    Natalie.
    Thank youso much for the answer! I will write you a message!

ReputationRep:
    You are more than welcome! I have sent a reply
    Natalie

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.