The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finished A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
Unlike the physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

Alternative Global Resource Link :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzqTgouKQqalWWpLNG9aZTZxYUE?usp=sharing

F321
Definitions
Standard Answers

F322
Definitions
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
Interactive Definitions
Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
Full PDF of on a page
Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers

F325
Interactive Definitions
Notes
Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers & This
Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oooh, this is awesome - thank you! I look forward to your future updates :fluffy:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm edexcel but thanks a lot anyway:smile:
Original post by ForgottenApple
Thread is in progress. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap.

Hello I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish
F321
Standard Answers

F322
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required

Full PDF of on a page
Legacy Past Papers

F325

Notes

thanks! this is really helpful! when do you think you will have the f324/5 answers pdfs?
Original post by Mimikhalil
thanks! this is really helpful! when do you think you will have the f324/5 answers pdfs?

I'll pop them up now since you asked :P
I'll pop them up now since you asked :P

thanks so much!!! :smile:
Thread is in progress. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap.

Hello I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Link to physics thread

F321
Standard Answers

F322
Standard Answers

F324

Full PDF of on a page
Legacy Past Papers

F325

Notes
Legacy Past Papers & This

Reasonable pfft :tongue:
Where did you apply and where did you go?
in
cheers!
heya all anyone know where i can get A*-A grade notes for wjec chemistry, biology or maths?
your help would be most appreciated!
thanks!
Original post by fanwarrior123
heya all anyone know where i can get A*-A grade notes for wjec chemistry, biology or maths?
your help would be most appreciated!
thanks!

Not sure, check physicsmathstutor posted above. If in doubt use mine/notes on there and seek out relevant topics.

Original post by elliotequo
Reasonable pfft :tongue:Where did you apply and where did you go?
Yes pretty reasonable if I do say so myself. Applied Cam, Manc, bath, leeds, birminham. Went Manc.
Not sure, check physicsmathstutor posted above. If in doubt use mine/notes on there and seek out relevant topics.

Yes pretty reasonable if I do say so myself. Applied Cam, Manc, bath, leeds, birminham. Went Manc.

Do you need 90% in AS and A2 overall to get an A*
well done on ur results !
Original post by R.abokor
Do you need 90% in AS and A2 overall to get an A*
well done on ur results !

It was 80% average between the two and 90% in your A2 when I did. n
Thank you so much!
Aiming for the A* this year
Added my F324 'on a page' series!! If you notice any errors (there are a couple, but have been fixed where possible) notify me and I will amend them.
Original post by richpanda
I'm edexcel but thanks a lot anyway:smile:

Hey, I am edexcel as well, did you find any resources for edexcel as I can't find any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Hey, I am edexcel as well, did you find any resources for edexcel as I can't find any?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use chemrevise, he has pdf revision guides for each of our topics.
F324/5 Definitions have been uploaded on Memrise, an interactive website I used to learn definitions, join, complete the course and you'll 100% the definitions. Sorry I didn't have a word document it's disappeared 0.o I've also added reactions and conditions for Memrise, it's a bit buggy (duplicate answers) but very useful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by richpanda
Use chemrevise, he has pdf revision guides for each of our topics.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply