The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Hi ,I'm really confused how many oxidation states do we need to remember the colours for Transition metal section
Original post by physicsgod98
Hi ,I'm really confused how many oxidation states do we need to remember the colours for Transition metal section

I'm pretty sure we don't need to know all the oxidation states and colours from that table on page 205 in the textbook. I think we just need to know the colours for the precipitation reactions, ligand substitution and redox titrations

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty confused about this reaction on page 63 in the textbook. I swear that the inorganic product is normally just HCl and you don't need reflux?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can u guys think of what could come up this time in f321 and f322 for first time?
Hi guys, quick question.

To get an A* in OCR Chemistry A, does one have to achieve at least 90% UMS in each A2 module (84/90, 135/150, 54/60) or is it just 90% UMS overall at A2 (270/300, so one module's scores can make up for another)? This is of course, provided As are achieved across all 6 modules.
Original post by Razachary
Hi guys, quick question.

To get an A* in OCR Chemistry A, does one have to achieve at least 90% UMS in each A2 module (84/90, 135/150, 54/60) or is it just 90% UMS overall at A2 (270/300, so one module's scores can make up for another)? This is of course, provided As are achieved across all 6 modules.

Its 90% overall at A2 and 80% over the whole a level.
In your F324 guide, the very last page you have the page of A2 Reactions ;

You've listed the products for the alkaline hydrolysis of esters as the carboxylic acid + salt, but in the textbook it says it's the salt of carboxylic acid + alcohol. Which is correct? :smile:
Original post by Bethaaaaany
In your F324 guide, the very last page you have the page of A2 Reactions ;

You've listed the products for the alkaline hydrolysis of esters as the carboxylic acid + salt, but in the textbook it says it's the salt of carboxylic acid + alcohol. Which is correct? :smile:

The carboxylate salt and alcohol is correct.
Original post by ReeceM1

Good stuff, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by ReeceM1

Good spot! Of course the carboxylic acid present will be neutralized by the alkali :smile:
Does anyone have 2015 F324 and F325 OCR Mark schemes and question papers?
Original post by UnknownAnon
Its 90% overall at A2 and 80% over the whole a level.

Thank god. Cheers man!
F321 and F322 links are down?
image.jpegHey guys can any one help me in one question please
(edited 7 years ago)
It is from sample paper for 2015 as level chemistry ocr.
Original post by Mariamjaan
It is from sample paper for 2015 as level chemistry ocr.

That spec is different - we don't do the ideal gas equation 😁
Original post by Mariamjaan
image.jpegHey guys can any one help me in one question please

Someone has answered it here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4022303&page=2
So scared for the chemistry papers this year now :frown:
Last year's papers weren't really easy at all
Hoping they got lazy since we're the last year and just waste recycle old questions

Thank you,, it is quite useful
Original post by tcameron
So scared for the chemistry papers this year now :frown:
Last year's papers weren't really easy at all
Hoping they got lazy since we're the last year and just waste recycle old questions

I know it is hard☹️

Quick Reply

Latest