The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Do you have any advice on how to improve grades?
How many hours a day
What's the most efficient method? Etc
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
Do you have any advice on how to improve grades?
How many hours a day
What's the most efficient method? Etc
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do and understand past papers, all homeworks etc. that's all you need to do, if not multiple times. have a spreadsheet of all the past papers, worksheets and homeworks I did and the scores achieved. This provides a way to quickly analyze weak spots and spend more time on a particular topic.
Reply 22
These notes are amazing. Thankyou :smile:
But this can't be used for exams after 2015 right? Since the specifications changed.
Original post by _Lizabeth_
But this can't be used for exams after 2015 right? Since the specifications changed.

Specs changed but a lot of the content is similar
It's mostly just been arranged into different modules with a few things removed and a few added

Posted from TSR Mobile
Specs changed but a lot of the content is similar
It's mostly just been arranged into different modules with a few things removed and a few added

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is true. Although for anyone who is studying for future/sister specifications and a good exercise I'd suggest is to generate your own notes, using these and other sources to create your own personal spin on it. :smile:
For those that were asking F325 revision notes have now been compiled and added to the thread, I've also added a useful links section I plan to update with the website resources I use (and perhaps If I find). I'm also considering adding my past paper spreadsheet as a template if there's any interest.
Original post by ForgottenApple
For those that were asking F325 revision notes have now been compiled and added to the thread, I've also added a useful links section I plan to update with the website resources I use (and perhaps If I find). I'm also considering adding my past paper spreadsheet as a template if there's any interest.

That past paper spreadsheet sounds good :colondollar:
Hi
Can u help me with this question, I calculated in the previous question that the
pH was 11.7
And then after further treatment, the new sample had 100 times greater OH- than the H+
What is the pH of the new sample, its only 1 mark so I guess theres no calculation
Thread is in progress. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap.

Hello I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
Unlike the physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
Definitions
Standard Answers

F322
Definitions
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
Interactive Definitions
Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
Full PDF of on a page
Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers

F325
Interactive Definitions
Notes
Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers & This
Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Thank you so much for these resources!!! :woo:
Original post by R.abokor
Hi
Can u help me with this question, I calculated in the previous question that the
pH was 11.7
And then after further treatment, the new sample had 100 times greater OH- than the H+
What is the pH of the new sample, its only 1 mark so I guess theres no calculation

Hey Rabokor basically what ya gotta do is shove what ya been told into the formula.

Kw= [OH-][H+]
Kw = 1x10^-14 at 25 degreesals

We've been told that [OH-] = 100[H+]
so we substitute this back in (least I would).
Kw = 100 x [H+] x [H+] = 100[H+]^2

Now you can rearrange and solve for H+ which gives you the pH :smile:

I got 8 when I did it, so check with the ms to make sure I'm talking some sense!
Hey Rabokor basically what ya gotta do is shove what ya been told into the formula.

Kw= [OH-][H+]
Kw = 1x10^-14 at 25 degreesals

We've been told that [OH-] = 100[H+]
so we substitute this back in (least I would).
Kw = 100 x [H+] x [H+] = 100[H+]^2

Now you can rearrange and solve for H+ which gives you the pH :smile:

I got 8 when I did it, so check with the ms to make sure I'm talking some sense!

yes thats the right answer!!!
thank you so much for the detailed explanation, i get it now
Also thanks a lot for sharing all these resources!
Does anyone have access to the f325 paper June 2015?
Happy New Year guys! May the new year bring you new Chemistry jokes :biggrin:

I would make a Chemistry joke but I'm afraid it won't get a reaction right now.
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Happy New Year guys! May the new year bring you new Chemistry jokes :biggrin:

I would make a Chemistry joke but I'm afraid it won't get a reaction right now.

Happy new year to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy new year to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!:smile:
Really struggling to understand Entropy
It's only 2 pages of the book and seems strightforward but when I tried past paper questions, I just couldn't understand
Reply 38
wish there was something like this for OCR B ;_;

THERES NOTHINGGGG
Reply 39
Hi Can someone help with this question please . 3(a) i ImageUploadedByStudent Room1451760674.152419.jpg. To get the moles of H2 do I times 3/2 and the equilibrium mixture of CH4 or times 3 by the moles c2h2 . How would I know which one to use ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest