The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xetter
The identification of organic compounds task is easy. Go over things like colour changes and whether or not things fizz etc.

Also make sure you're happy drawing organic molecules.

Don't worry too much about it, everyone in my class scored high! :smile:

Okay that's good to know, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
There aren't too many OCR past papers so I'm going to do them all once I finish the theory and then go through AQA and Edexcel past papers after. Then I'll redo OCR past papers again the week leading up to the exams.

That's a good plan, tbh we're still learning new stuff at the moment so it's better to keep on top of that and make sure I totally get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
How would I draw MgCl3 and Al2O3 born Harber cycles ????? Please can some one help me
Do we need to know how to calculate the pH of weak bases? It only shows how to work out the pH of strong bases in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LThomas694
I'm gonna start doing past papers asap because I need to get an A to get into uni! Is it worth doing edexcel, AQA or legacy past papers now so I don't run out of OCR past papers too long before the exam or should I just do OCR ones?
Also how is everyone prepping for the identification of organic compounds evaluative task? The description is so vague so I'm not really sure what I should be focusing on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ideally you'd finish all the papers once, then repeat closer to the exam once you've forgotten. Yes do other boards if you finish all OCR. Remember there are legacy papers which are good to build up your knowledge as these have a slightly different spec so you gain a broader knowledge by answering those questions.
Original post by thad33
Do we need to know how to calculate the pH of weak bases? It only shows how to work out the pH of strong bases in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't need to know don't worry! Just strong bases

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForgottenApple
Ideally you'd finish all the papers once, then repeat closer to the exam once you've forgotten. Yes do other boards if you finish all OCR. Remember there are legacy papers which are good to build up your knowledge as these have a slightly different spec so you gain a broader knowledge by answering those questions.

Alright, thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danllo
How would I draw MgCl3 and Al2O3 born Harber cycles ????? Please can some one help me

You can google the cycles. Just start drawing them then check with google images. Practice till you get them all right. These are free marks for any student.
Original post by mercuryman
hey, Really sorry to bother you rn, but the links in

aren't working. :frown: is there a way you could update them? thank youuuu! :smile:

Think it's a onedrive issue. Out of my control; Microsoft will fix it eventually.
Hey. Does anyone remember the titration question from last year's F321?
I'm retaking F321, you see, and I'm quite sure that was my downfall.
Original post by phdparker
Hey. Does anyone remember the titration question from last year's F321?
I'm retaking F321, you see, and I'm quite sure that was my downfall.

I can't remember it but I think your teacher will be able to access the 2015 papers and markschemes to use them for mocks so they will probably be able to find it for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are people revising all the reactions ? What different techniques seem to be working for people ? I am really struggling to remember which reagent switch which reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CSLady
How are people revising all the reactions ? What different techniques seem to be working for people ? I am really struggling to remember which reagent switch which reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only thing that works for me is repetition😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to find markschemes to papers that are older than 2008? The answers to the exam questions in the OCR textbook aren't in the back of the book and I can't find them on the Internet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to find markschemes to papers that are older than 2008? The answers to the exam questions in the OCR textbook aren't in the back of the book and I can't find them on the Internet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps they are on the CD that comes with the textbook (have honestly no clue what's on the CD ) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're on the CD that comes with the book. Even then it isn't official mark scheme but a detailed walk through on how to answer the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
They're on the CD that comes with the book. Even then it isn't official mark scheme but a detailed walk through on how to answer the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CSLady
Perhaps they are on the CD that comes with the textbook (have honestly no clue what's on the CD ) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are literally my life saver. Thank you so much.
This is pretty much what I needed!!!!!!
Thank you very much:smile:
If anyone wants to use my sets on quizlet for revision my username is lucyannthomas. I've only made two so far but I'm gonna be adding some more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest