Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do about this situation? watch

Announcements

I ma in my first year of uni and on Saturday I got too drunk and told one of my flatmates how I feel about her in front of most of the flat. We are quite close and a few people had asked beforehand if we were together. Normally I wouldn't mind too much but she isn't single. Things haven't really been awkward between us because I blamed the alcohol and it is other people that keep bringing it up but she is starting to realise that it wasn't just the alcohol talking and that I did mean some of the things I said to her. Her boyfriend isn't the nicest person most of the time and does treat her quite badly. I don't really know what to do because if I bring it up with her and admit it was the truth then I could lose a good friend.
    What would you do in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    Just see how it plays out. Nothing wrong with telling her how you feel, that's perfectly okay. Don't have any hopes or expectations though, best not to think about it too much.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do now, just go about your business as you always have and see how things pan out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.