The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SCalver
And why is that such. Surely a difference of 25 points is massive, for any candidate.

cuz i would get gold either way, so no point of getting 25 marks more it seems.
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov

I don't really understand what you thought was unfair.
Yay Kangaroo...:colonhash:
Reply 383

If you achieved above the threshold for the BMO then for all intensive purposes you can say that on any personal statements or whatever. The fact that you aren't automatically entered is due to your lack of UK citizenship and therefore inability to represent the UK in the IMO which is what BMO1/2 are part of the selection process for.

Why do you care so much about the label anyway? Isn't just knowing you scored past the threshold enough? If you're desperate to take the BMO it isn't expensive to take or your school might even pay for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody got their official results back from their teacher?
Original post by SCalver
Has anybody got their official results back from their teacher?

Don't think so yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Yay Kangaroo...:colonhash:

Ikr I feel like crap lol knowing I did better a year earlier
Original post by Student403
Ikr I feel like crap lol knowing I did better a year earlier

Last year I actually did crap, I got silver though I also got best in school lol
Its annoying knowing I could've qualified BMO but oh well I'm not British so i'd have had to pay ether way :tongue:
I got better than last year at least lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Last year I actually did crap, I got silver though I also got best in school lol
Its annoying knowing I could've qualified BMO but oh well I'm not British so i'd have had to pay ether way :tongue:
I got better than last year at least lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay :frown: Sorry to hear..
Original post by SCalver
I don't really understand what you thought was unfair.

I think i explained it explicitly. Do you think it is fair for a student who scored 115 to receive same certificate with a student who scored 85-90?
Original post by Bruhh
If you achieved above the threshold for the BMO then for all intensive purposes you can say that on any personal statements or whatever. The fact that you aren't automatically entered is due to your lack of UK citizenship and therefore inability to represent the UK in the IMO which is what BMO1/2 are part of the selection process for.

Why do you care so much about the label anyway? Isn't just knowing you scored past the threshold enough? If you're desperate to take the BMO it isn't expensive to take or your school might even pay for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand what you mean bruuh :biggrin:
Basically, my college probably won't allow me to participate in BMO if i am not invited for it, because i am the only one who got above the threshold and they probably don't want to be bothered just for me.
Reply 391
I understand what you mean bruuh :biggrin:
Basically, my college probably won't allow me to participate in BMO if i am not invited for it, because i am the only one who got above the threshold and they probably don't want to be bothered just for me.

If there is anyone doing the kangaroo then they'll be doing it at the same time. Last year there was only 4 of us, 1 other guy doing the BMO and then 2 kangaroo people. Hopefully you can persuade your school to let you sit it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bruhh
If there is anyone doing the kangaroo then they'll be doing it at the same time. Last year there was only 4 of us, 1 other guy doing the BMO and then 2 kangaroo people. Hopefully you can persuade your school to let you sit it

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks bruuh xD. Unfortunately, the best scorer except me got Silver in our college, so no one will be invited for Kangaroo as well. BTW do you know whether i will be invited to do Kangaroo or is this also only for UK citizens?
Reply 393
thanks bruuh xD. Unfortunately, the best scorer except me got Silver in our college, so no one will be invited for Kangaroo as well. BTW do you know whether i will be invited to do Kangaroo or is this also only for UK citizens?

I'm not sure, you probably should as its a round purely for an extra challenge not like the selection of the BMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bruhh
I'm not sure, you probably should as its a round purely for an extra challenge not like the selection of the BMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

You doing BMO1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Original post by physicsmaths
You doing BMO1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scores were emailed today and I got 117 so I am indeed. You're on a gap year aren't you? So can you still take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing BMO1 guys. Big woop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, nice. On the boundary then?
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going for the 60? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bruhh
Scores were emailed today and I got 117 so I am indeed. You're on a gap year aren't you? So can you still take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh i will most liekly be taking it. It seems as if I am allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest