Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Slowly losing weight.. (Girl) - Diary watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all and fat shamers,

I recently made a thread about wanting to lose weight. My starting weight was 14.5 stone (203lbs/92Kg) and my height is about 5ft4.

Since then I have cut out red meat, ate more salads through meal preps and stuck with fish. I now weigh 14 stones (196lbs/88Kg).

I don't really see this is progress because my weight usually fluctuates between 14.5-14 stones.

My doctor said I might have a thyroid that may be stopping me from losing weight and they are currently doing blood tests to check it out.

I am now working and plan on buying a Nutri bullet or similar, and doing my own food shopping as my family eats a lot of processed food.

I also took some pictures of myself and looked at some old ones. I didn't realise how big I was. Well, not until I took an exercise class and was the elephant in the room.

All the girls were so thin and I was four times everyone's size. The instructor kept coming up to me and I broke down and left. It was awful. But I will continue going.

One day very soon I won't have to be that fat girl.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Keep going and never give up

ReputationRep:
    God give me your strength and motivation!! All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretheartpanda)
    Since then I have cut out red meat, ate more salads through meal preps and stuck with fish.

I am now working and plan on buying a Nutri bullet or similar, and doing my own food shopping as my family eats a lot of processed food.
    Its good that you are trying to make a change, but you don't need to go about it the way you are. No need to cut out red meat, eat salads all day like a rabbit, or buy a nutri bullet. Fair enough try not to eat so much processed junk food, but any diet that cuts out anything is likely a fad or a scam. It all comes down to calories in vs calories out. Just eat less calories than your tdee, it doesn't need to be more complicated than that at the stage you are at.

My doctor said I might have a thyroid that may be stopping me from losing weight and they are currently doing blood tests to check it out.
    Not hating here, it's a possibility that your doctor is right, but many people use this as an excuse for being lazy. Make sure you aren't one of these people.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    Its good that you are trying to make a change, but you don't need to go about it the way you are. No need to cut out red meat, eat salads all day like a rabbit, or buy a nutri bullet. Fair enough try not to eat so much processed junk food, but any diet that cuts out anything is likely a fad or a scam. It all comes down to calories in vs calories out. Just eat less calories than your tdee, it doesn't need to be more complicated than that at the stage you are at.

Not hating here, it's a possibility that your doctor is right, but many people use this as an excuse for being lazy. Make sure you aren't one of these people.

Good luck.
    Hi, thank you so much for your detailed response, I am super grateful.

My decision to cut out meat was because of the reaction I got from eating it. Bloatedness, frequent bowel movement, cramps and just an ethics/moral decision. I ate drank a chicken soup some time ago and it honestly just looked like fat melted in a bowl. I felt so sick and stopped eating it. That is the reason why.

Yes, you are right. My doctor suggested the thyroid. I had no idea about it. I am still going to lose weight regardless. I don't want to be a fat excuse anymore.

The Nutri bullet is to help me eat breakfast. Get more veg and fruit down my system. Let's see..

Thank you again.

ReputationRep:
    Keep us all updated and share any useful tips you find along the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    09/11/15:

Quick update. So I was successful in cutting out meat/poultry for a week and decided to have a cheat day/reward. I had a takeaway + chicken noodles. As a result, I have surplus burps and feel disgusting and a fairly active bowel.

I will be cutting both of these foods from my diet now.

The last time I checked my weight (yesterday morning) I was 191 lbs = 13.7stones = 86.6kg.

So I can see some steady progress. I still feel like a whale though. There is nothing more upsetting than looking at yourself through the underground tube windows and seeing how massive your arms are. Since you have noticed you are a whale in between two carrots you feel sad and the next song that comes into lay is Beyonce "Pretty Hurts". I ALMOST cried on the tube but I have a lot of reading to do.

ReputationRep:
    09/11/15:

Quick update. So I was successful in cutting out meat/poultry for a week and decided to have a cheat day/reward. I had a takeaway + chicken noodles. As a result, I have surplus burps and feel disgusting and a fairly active bowel.

I will be cutting both of these foods from my diet now.

The last time I checked my weight (yesterday morning) I was 191 lbs = 13.7stones = 86.6kg.

So I can see some steady progress. I still feel like a whale though. There is nothing more upsetting than looking at yourself through the underground tube windows and seeing how massive your arms are. Since you have noticed you are a whale in between two carrots you feel sad and the next song that comes into lay is Beyonce "Pretty Hurts". I ALMOST cried on the tube but I have a lot of reading to do.
    Congratulations on your progress. Focus on seeing that rather than criticisms of yourself. I have lost almost 7 stone and I still feel awful sometimes, it's easy to forget how far you've come. Find a way to remind yourself of how well you're doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.