The Student Room Group

Muslim Woman ~ what do you look for in a husband?

SO many threads asking Muslim men if they are OK with marrying a specific type of woman, so I'm reversing it for us women

your all welcome to comment tho

Do YOU have a specific requirement?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm a non-muslin brother, is it okay for me to comment lol?

The usual i'm guessing: tall, dark and handsome.

In the media it's always about men slut shaming women and judging them for their sexual behavior but I've noticed with Muslim women they stay very distant from promiscuous men. From a male perspective and from what I've seen, I would guess they prioritise stability and looks and sometimes religious-ness too.
Reply 2
Original post by Bealzibub

In the media it's always about men slut shaming women and judging them for their sexual behavior but I've noticed with Muslim women they stay very distant from promiscuous men. From a male perspective and from what I've seen, I would guess they prioritise stability and looks and sometimes religious-ness too.

Yeah I love the idea of stability and a male role model in terms of religiousness

And ur so right i place emphasis on men being not promiscous, women shouldn't be pressured alone...
Reply 3
Original post by MJlover
SO many threads asking Muslim men if they are OK with marrying a specific type of woman, so I'm reversing it for us women

your all welcome to comment tho

Do YOU have a specific requirement?

Having a specific requirement is silly. As long as they are God fearing I would be happy.
Original post by Bealzibub

preachh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Having a specific requirement is silly. As long as they are God fearing I would be happy.

Subhanallah, there needs to be more women like you out there

So you dont care if he's not handsome or rich or about his career or if he has a nice house etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Ebony & Ivory
Subhanallah, there needs to be more women like you out there

So you dont care if he's not handsome or rich or about his career or if he has a nice house etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, I don't think anyone is ugly.
Secondly he should have just enough to support himself.
I'm not a very materialistic person so these things do not bother me.
Original post by HAnwar

What if he's not from your madh'hab?
Reply 8
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
What if he's not from your madh'hab?

What like shaafi or hanafi?
would the idea of marrying someone who works 17 hours a day, who's only available for approx 1 day a week appeal? or is it just a no go?
Original post by gr8wizard10
would the idea of marrying someone who works 17 hours a day, who's only available for approx 1 day a week appeal? or is it just a no go?

that wouldn't be ideal if your wife had a new-born baby at home, she'll need your help and support. otherwise, maybe

Hell naw bro! Most women are clingy creatures and they need their man beside them for constant support, love, care and affection

Unless you wanna marry a strong, independent BEAST of a woman, ya need a new job fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

your not fulfilling the roles of husband and wife to each other then. Unless its out of necessity, what would be the reasoning for working that long?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Ebony & Ivory
Hell naw bro! Most women are clingy creatures and they need their man beside them for constant support, love, care and affection

Unless you wanna marry a strong, independent BEAST of a woman, ya need a new job fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could do that, but it defeats the purpose of marriage. And wouldn't the husband want that support and love too?
Original post by HAnwar
What like shaafi or hanafi?

Shaafi, Maliki, Hanafi, Ibadi, Zaydi, Ja'fari, what ever. Or maybe you find more of a barrier between yourself and non-sunni madh'habs than between yourself and other madh'habs in general?
Original post by MJlover
I could do that, but it defeats the purpose of marriage. And wouldn't the husband want that support and love too?

Yeah, he sure would. Husband and wife need to spend a fair amount of time together, but your spouse shouldn't consume your life.. You should have your own life as well :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Shaafi, Maliki, Hanafi, Ibadi, Zaydi, Ja'fari, what ever. Or maybe you find more of a barrier between yourself and non-sunni madh'habs than between yourself and other madh'habs in general?

The 4 main madhabs I don't mind, if he wasn't sunni however, I wouldn't marry him.
Original post by HAnwar
The 4 main madhabs I don't mind, if he wasn't sunni however, I wouldn't marry him.

Because you think ibadis, quranists and shi'a don't qualify as muslim and aren't worthy of marriage, or because you think that it would cause conflict later on, and confusion in your future children?
Also, what about the recently revived fifth Zahiri sunni school?
What if he followed a different Kalaam than you do? Like, if he identified as Mu'tazzili, or Maturidi?
Reply 18
Because you think ibadis, quranists and shi'a don't qualify as muslim and aren't worthy of marriage, or because you think that it would cause conflict later on, and confusion in your future children?
Also, what about the recently revived fifth Zahiri sunni school?
What if he followed a different Kalaam than you do? Like, if he identified as Mu'tazzili, or Maturidi?

The latter, because I don't agree with shia beliefs.
All of that is too confusing and sounds dodgy (sorry), so like I said, he has to be from the 4 main madhabs.
Original post by HAnwar
The latter, because I don't agree with shia beliefs.
All of that is too confusing and sounds dodgy (sorry), so like I said, he has to be from the 4 main madhabs.

Salam... I would just like to remind u that Our religion is one whether it b Hanafi, Shafi'i, Maliki or Jafferi.. All r muslims & have the same Madhab.. :smile:

Quick Reply