Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, is my personality unattractive? watch

I can't help feel like a girl wouldn't see me as a potential guy she would date/ fall in love with.I'm a quiet guy, I lack a bit of confidence. I'm quite sensitive also, always looking out for people, helpful and caring. I smile quite a lot, and am told im polite, always saying thankyou etc. I hold doors open for people, and am courteous. I'm a bit of a worrier and sometimes get a bit panicky, would this be seen as weak? I like everything to be done correctly, and properly. I can be fun, but only at times when I think I can 'let myself go' Othertimes I can be quite serious and just want to get the job done. I can also have days where I'm moody. I like to keep myself to myself sometimes and sometimes not sure what to say in conversation, particulary with a girl I like. I'm told im good looking and have a great smile.do these traits seem a turn off to you? And if yes, in what way should I change.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on personality, like looks, are rather subjective. Don't bother changing your personality just for the sake of getting girls, it'd be a bit counter-productive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't help feel like a girl wouldn't see me as a potential guy she would date/ fall in love with.I'm a quiet guy, I lack a bit of confidence. I'm quite sensitive also, always looking out for people, helpful and caring. I smile quite a lot, and am told im polite, always saying thankyou etc. I hold doors open for people, and am courteous. I'm a bit of a worrier and sometimes get a bit panicky, would this be seen as weak? I like everything to be done correctly, and properly. I can be fun, but only at times when I think I can 'let myself go' Othertimes I can be quite serious and just want to get the job done. I can also have days where I'm moody. I like to keep myself to myself sometimes and sometimes not sure what to say in conversation, particulary with a girl I like. I'm told im good looking and have a great smile.do these traits seem a turn off to you? And if yes, in what way should I change.
    Don't change for the world! Be you because being you is the best. I think that we'd be really good friends as we have a lot of the same traits! Just like my type of guy . I'm also quite moody at times, but today I was slightly more lively and was told by two guys that they prefer me when I'm slightly more bubbly.

Wow - I didn't realise that I'd find someone with similar traits!!

ReputationRep:
    You just described the majority of TSR people.

ReputationRep:
    Do not change for anyone, You are who you are! To be honest everything you said apart from attractiveness, sounds exactly like me haha!

ReputationRep:
    U get the golden seal of approval from meh :yy:

(Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    U get the golden seal of approval from meh :yy:
    Thanks
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I don't see anything wrong with you, don't change yourself for anyone.

If you really are concerned, put yourself out there more. I know quite a few people in their 20+ who wish they did ..

ReputationRep:
    You sound nice to me.

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong with you, keep doing what you're doing and someone will notice lol

ReputationRep:
    Woodbury/10

How often are you moody tho

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me :lol:
    But probably nicer! Don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a nice guy but you should learn how to be more confident. Women LOVE confident men, being really quiet can restrict yourself from being out there and meeting fantastic people.

ReputationRep:
    The whole lack of confidence is your problem.
    It's weird.. Girls can smell confidence like dogs smell fear..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.