Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in volunteering abroad maybe next year, anyone know any good reliable organisations to travel with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hungergames123)
    I'm interested in volunteering abroad maybe next year, anyone know any good reliable organisations to travel with.
    In March of next year i am volunteering in a children's home in Kenya with Agape Volunteers. They have been really good with me. You apply via the website and then a trip adviser will contact you to help you with the rest of your trip. I am really looking forward to going, even though i am only going for 8 days. The trips are quite reasonable and you do get a lot. I have been looking to go for ages as i have never been abroad before and they have really put my mind at ease. If you have any questions you can email them before applying.

If you have any other questions feel free to message me and i will gladly try to help.

Alycia

P.S i realise it might look as though i work for them, but i do not

ReputationRep:
    International Citizenship Service looks good. You spend 10-12 weeks working ona projects in one of roughly 20 different countries. These can range from classroom-based teaching, to digging wells! It's government-funded so is fairly inexpensive in comparison to other volunteering organisations out there.

http://www.volunteerics.org/

ReputationRep:
    http://www.volunteerics.org/?gclid=C...FdQ_GwodaqwBsQ

This is a government funded organisation set up to help achieve the millennium development goals. its not one of those knock-off gap year organisations and the work you do can really make a difference. Placements are up to 3 months

ReputationRep:
    The above suggestions sound good. You might like to search One World 365's volunteer programs abroad too because you can literally search over 1000 projects from reputable operators. I guess it depends on where you want to go or what you want to do though! Like in Africa, Asia and Latin America there are tons of projects. Good luck hope you found something good

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.