Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have I missed my chance? watch

Announcements

Hello,

So I've been friends with this girl for years now, we're close and get on with each other well. Recently she's started seeing this guy and she tells me all about it most days when we speak.

A few days ago I randomly get a text from her asking if I like her. Having been told all about the guy she's seeing I didn't wanna say yes, so I just said I didn't know (lol). When I asked why she'd asked, she said she was curious. The conversation moved on and again we spoke about the guy she's seeing and other things, she later said it was going well with this guy and she'd learnt if you want something you've got to chase it (was that a hint to me?).

The next day u realised I was silly not to tell her how I really felt - so I text her saying I had lied and I actually liked her. She kept telling me to stop playing games, ****ing about with her, and that I was lying. When she accepted that I was serious she said she didn't know what to say. I asked what she was expecting my reply to be when she'd asked me if I like her, and she said she wasn't asking out of interest, but more the fact that people don't think a guy and girl can be mates without there being attraction there. She went on to say that she didn't know if I was being serious or playing a game and that I'd actually fooled her. She then apologised and said it had gone too far.

I then just said again that I was serious and did like her despite us being friends intitially.

We haven't spoken since and I just don't know what to make of it all. I don't get why she asked if I like her. She told me the guy she's seeing asked about me because she talks to me a lot, and he asked if I like her - but I never knew how she replied to him. Also when she text me the question the day before I told her how I really feel I think he was with her.. Not sure whether he made her text me asking...

What do I do now?

Sorry for the long message but appreciate your comments!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say she probably heard through the grapevine that you liked her and wanted to know that wasn't the case, and now she feels awkward. Leave her to talk to you; if she wants to talk to you then she will

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.