Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    Anyone currently enrolled in any CMU Courses? Such as MPhil Bioscience Enterprise or MPhil Computational Biology?
    I've got a Bachelor Degree at Imperial College. The minimum requirement is 2:1 rite?

ReputationRep:
    Yep at least 2.1.

A First would help with securing a studentship though

ReputationRep:
    A First can actually SECURE it already?
    Are they that lack of students becos that's a new course?

oh and what are the extra requirements if it's a 2.1 instead of a first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomedic)
    A First can actually SECURE it already?
    Are they that lack of students becos that's a new course?

oh and what are the extra requirements if it's a 2.1 instead of a first?
    Sorry I'm being thick but I don't understand your first question!

New course. I doubt many people have heard of it.

What do you mean by extra requirements?

ReputationRep:
    whoops sorry for confusin ya..
    i mean what other types of qualifications are they looking for apart from good grades?
    what kind of experiences? Or involvements in student societies?

ReputationRep:
    For MPhil they are basically only interested in your academic credentials and any research experience you might have had. Everything else is secondary although a full CV is better than a sparse one of course.

ReputationRep:
    oh gosh
    then that's not good news for me. academically i may get a 2.1 only, but i got tonnes of extra curricular activities to fill in such as student society committees, sports, music, drama, art awards, etc..... which may sound better on UCAS forms instead of those postgrad forms....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomedic)
    oh gosh
    then that's not good news for me. academically i may get a 2.1 only, but i got tonnes of extra curricular activities to fill in such as student society committees, sports, music, drama, art awards, etc..... which may sound better on UCAS forms instead of those postgrad forms....
    A 2.1 isn't necessarily a problem. I read from the Imperial sub-forum that you are doing Bio Eng (correct?) which may give you quite an advantage. What they are looking for really, I guess, is someone who is going to turn out a good dissertation in 12 months time. Good references will help a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i hope that's the case
    but the thing is I've read from my imperial career guide book and they said
    "Don't expect a degree from imperial gives you automatic offers for anything"

Don't dare to give myself too much hope though

Anyway Thanks a lot shiny :cool:

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.