Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unsure what to do watch

Announcements

I've been messaging this girl I like on a site for quite a while and I'd say we've gotten to know each other very well. However, as of late what she says does not even remotely reflect what she does. I confronted her about what was going on with her taking weeks to respond to my messages and she sent a long message back apologising and giving vague reasons for it, and showering me with compliments, telling me how much I meant to her and how she admired me etc. She has known for a while that I am into her but has never rejected me or given me hints that she does not feel that way about me. We then resumed contact, and it has now been over a fortnight since I messaged her and she hasn't responded.

On the one hand she has messaged me fairly consistently for several months - long messages - we have exchanged photos and she said I was 'extremely handsome', she had said that she would like to meet several times. She told me she was worried about meeting up in case I was disappointed by her. We share several interests. She has layered compliments on me way beyond what would be appropriate in a letting down gently scenario. She works a busy job and has said she was 'in a very dark place' recently.

On the other hand she has not given me her number, nor has she accepted me on Facebook. Both of these requests were made a long while ago. She has gotten into the the habit of not responding to my messages for weeks if at all despite making a substantial effort to keep our channels of correspondence open.

I really like her, but should I cut her out? Is she just another manipulator or should I message her again, perhaps even giving her an ultimatum of some kind? Should I just do nothing and see from a distance if her behaviour changes over time? What should I do?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    To be honest she doesn't sound worth the time. Definitely wouldn't consider a relationship with someone who takes weeks to reply, although it doesn't sound like she's interested. I'd leave it and find someone else

ReputationRep:
    that's weird she is weird lol, wonder who anon is though

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    To be honest she doesn't sound worth the time. Definitely wouldn't consider a relationship with someone who takes weeks to reply, although it doesn't sound like she's interested. I'd leave it and find someone else

But then why does she make such a concerted effort to keep in touch when I confront her? Is it possibe she's depressed or something? Should I ask her one final time for a decent explanation? I really like her and don't want to give up without a fight. Thanks

(Original post by samina_ay)
    that's weird she is weird lol, wonder who anon is though
    I'm anon for a reason...what do you think I shoupd do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But then why does she make such a concerted effort to keep in touch when I confront her? Is it possibe she's depressed or something? Should I ask her one final time for a decent explanation? I really like her and don't want to give up without a fight. Thanks

I'm anon for a reason...what do you think I shoupd do?
    Dont bother cos she might be a cat fish.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it. Sounds like she either a catfish or got her own problems to deal with first. Keep in touch if you really want to but dont be desperate. Girls can be veeeeeeeery different online than they are irl plus theres plenty of other fish.

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Dont bother cos she might be a cat fish.
    (Original post by ieatyou1)
    Leave it. Sounds like she either a catfish or got her own problems to deal with first. Keep in touch if you really want to but dont be desperate. Girls can be veeeeeeeery different online than they are irl plus theres plenty of other fish.
    I have fairly conclusive evidence that she is not a catfish.

What sort of 'different' do you mean?

Should I ask her what these problems might be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What sort of 'different' do you mean?
    Well everything you know about her could be wrong. Dont get yourself meddled up with her problems. Leave early so you dont get so emotionally attatched meaning you wont be able to leave later.

(Original post by ieatyou1)
    Well everything you know about her could be wrong. Dont get yourself meddled up with her problems. Leave early so you dont get so emotionally attatched meaning you wont be able to leave later.
    It could be, but I doubt it very much. I'd be quite happy being meddled with her problems.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.