Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what do i do?? watch

Announcements

i have a boyfriend and we've been together for 4 months. he knows that i have depression and stuff and he's always so supportive. the thing is, lately everything he does annoys me or hurts my feelings in some way. i also feel like he doesn't treat me seriously and idk it just hurts. he always tells me that i can come to him with any problem but i feel bad doing that, and i f even feel bad feeling sad bc i feel like it ruins his mood. my head is so filled with irrational thoughts and i have considered breaking up with him a few times. i just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh sounds like my ex, best thing to do is sit down and talk properly, do not bottle it up you will just come off passive aggressive

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand you. Have you been to the GP to get medication for it? If so, it's clearly not having the effect you need (it should kick in after a few weeks). If not, then go to the GP and talk through your options. CBT is also a great option, and it can really help to talk it through with someone who only wants to listen.

I also have depression and it's difficult for me and my boyfriend, even though he's incredibly supportive, so feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this privately

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.