Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Watford Grammar School Sixth Form - Interviews watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know if there are interviews to get admission into the 6th form?
    and if so, the dates, if you know!
    Also, please add any extra information about entry into the school for 2016/17.

ReputationRep:
    I am going in this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drowning Fish)
    Just wanted to know if there are interviews to get admission into the 6th form?
    and if so, the dates, if you know!
    Also, please add any extra information about entry into the school for 2016/17.
    Are you going to watford grammar?

ReputationRep:
    yoo man sorry about the delay. basically each year they get about 20 people into oxbridge, and i was hoping to been of those people.They get more people into prestigious unis than some private schools.What gcses are you doing? and what will you probably get? The requirement is 4a* and 4as to do 4 a levels, but they make occasional exceptions, like me.

Anyway you just fill out the form, and then theres an open day in july, and if you come on results day, with the right grades, you get in. Theres then a day right before the start of term, which you use to get timetables and stuff.

what other schools are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vin57xd)
    hey no worries thanks for replying, im doing all the core subjects inc. triple and spanish, history, drama and computer science. Sent off my predictions to them last month, 9A*s and 2As but im getting so nervous haha hoping i get an offer soon. When did you get ur offer letter?

ah i see, did you go there?

im looking at st michaels and parmiters aswell
    Parmiters are good aswell, although not as good (jk you can succeed in both).

I am currently at watford, i got my offer letter around december i think. 9a*s is much better than my predicted, and MUCH better than my actual results so you should have no problem getting in. I must warn you thought there are about 200 people in lower sixth(i think this is kinda large) and staff are a bit stretched, so they expect you to be more independent than at other sixth forms. They're also a bit more restrictive, about stuff like gong home early (tho if you slip past the receptionist you're home free.) feel free to ask about anything else btw.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt have an interview just a straight offer, but honestly, just be yourself and you should be solid. obviously do some research on the school and the subjects you wanna study, have answers for why you wanted to go there and base them around the tradition of the school if you can because they'll lap it up. Also if you wanna go there expecting quality teaching, its there but you need to put the effort in. Just out of interest though, what course are you interested in doing?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.