Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you move out or live with your parents? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    errr my goddd i cant stand my parents at the moment, just want to move out!!!
    parents get increasingly annoying as you grow up urgh >_>

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently contemplating whether to move out for Uni next year, or even worse how my parents will say or react if i do decide. My brother who is a year older wasn't allowed to move out

ReputationRep:
    i want to move out asap and my mom encourages it too (), house prices are so high though so probably won't get a house till I'm about 100.

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying with them until I'm 29. I'm 25 now. I have a plan. It's currently on schedule. 3 more years at uni and then I'll fly the nest . Going to get myself a nice career and then think about settling down with someone suitable. I'm kinda old fashioned for a 25 yr old woman but whatever.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Depends how old you are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    i want to move out asap and my mom encourages it too (), house prices are so high though so probably won't get a house till I'm about 100.
    http://www.theguardian.com/careers/2...buy-first-home

XD

ReputationRep:
    crying and laughing at the same time tbh

ReputationRep:
    I wanna move out ASAP too because there's too much family stress 🙅🏻🌚

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I'm staying with them until I'm 29. I'm 25 now. I have a plan. It's currently on schedule. 3 more years at uni and then I'll fly the nest . Going to get myself a nice career and then think about settling down with someone suitable. I'm kinda old fashioned for a 25 yr old woman but whatever.
    Why is that old fashioned for a 30 year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Why is that old fashioned for a 30 year old?
    I think maybe it's perceived as old fashioned for my generation. Everyone around me seems to be getting engaged/having babies and they're 5 years off 30, not married and don't have careers or they're just hopping from relationship to relationship or just having casual sex. None of that bothers me one bit - whatever makes them happy so long as it's not illegal/immoral. Each to their own etc. I'd just prefer to have career, then think about settling and maybe kids later on. I suppose my outlook of, career>marriage>kids might seem outdated to some people my age and younger who don't envisage that.

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe it's perceived as old fashioned for my generation. Everyone around me seems to be getting engaged/having babies and they're 5 years off 30, not married and don't have careers or they're just hopping from relationship to relationship or just having casual sex. None of that bothers me one bit - whatever makes them happy so long as it's not illegal/immoral. Each to their own etc. I'd just prefer to have career, then think about settling and maybe kids later on. I suppose my outlook of, career>marriage>kids might seem outdated to some people my age and younger who don't envisage that.
    I thought that was the norm now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I want to move out too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I thought that was the norm now.
    For most young career women, yes, I suppose it is. But I don't have very many young career women around me.

ReputationRep:
    For most young career women, yes, I suppose it is. But I don't have very many young career women around me.
    Ye I guess I look at things through a male prism, we tend to be older than our partners when we have kids by default. Plus I think my mum was 29 when she had me. So probs also a class thing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I moved out a few months ago after several months of unemployment. I couldn't stand it any longer.

ReputationRep:
    move out whenever i feel like it tbh

ReputationRep:
    move out
    me no wanna be a slave no more
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I moved out 5 years ago and i'd rather submerge myself in an acid bath than ever move back into the family home

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.