Turn on thread page Beta

Advice on how to improve on my art? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Name:  11760279_10204860766698326_515220574977775328_n.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  68.0 KB I did this back last year for an AS Final piece, any advice how I could of got a higher mark?

ReputationRep:
    the idea is very striking. the skin tones could be changed; maybe render them as metallic gold & silver ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominiqueNelson)
    Name:  11760279_10204860766698326_515220574977775328_n.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  68.0 KB I did this back last year for an AS Final piece, any advice how I could of got a higher mark?
    I'm assuming you want me to be brutally honest.

Maybe draw something more real with none of that weird stuff on their faces as it distracts from the focus of the picture the women looking into the eyes of the other. Also eyebrows do not generally seem solid blocks when they are up close from a distance maybe but not so close. But this is for 'art'.

However for the purpose of grade improvement this advice may not be good. You will have to look at your spec and also pester art teachers everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    I'm assuming you want me to be brutally honest.

Maybe draw something more real with none of that weird stuff on their faces as it distracts from the focus of the picture the women looking into the eyes of the other. Also eyebrows do not generally seem solid blocks when they are up close from a distance maybe but not so close. But this is for 'art'.

However for the purpose of grade improvement this advice may not be good. You will have to look at your spec and also pester art teachers everywhere.
    Thanks for the advice haha, the things on the faces are marks for cosmetic surgery as I was doing a project on Body image! and yes I do need to improve the eyebrows haha!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.