Turn on thread page Beta

I have just come out of a year and a half relationship with a guy after we decided to go our separate ways after he admitted that he got drunk and had sex with another girl.

A few weeks in to starting at a new school and I got with a new guy at a party, not thinking that anything would come of it. However since then, we have been to numerous parties together, spent loads of time talking and stuff, but he's recently admitted to me that he really 'likes me' but does not want anything serious, and would rather have a 'friends with benefits' kind of thing. I was absolutely fine with this, but now my ex is also in touch with me, and really wants another shot with me.

I am split between just staying in a relaxed thing with the new guy, or taking back my very caring and loving ex-boyfriend who 'apparently' regrets everything so much.

I am fearful of getting hurt but I think it is inevitable in this situation. But put it this way, at the moment I think I am in favour of keeping it as a relaxed thing with the new guy.

The answer may seem obvious to you, but any advice would be appreciated.
    Thankss

ReputationRep:
    No no, he cheated on you. Find someone who respects you enough to never cheat on you. Keep a relaxed thing with the new guy and see where it takes you, but I for one would never go back to a cheater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have just come out of a year and a half relationship with a guy after we decided to go our separate ways after he admitted that he got drunk and had sex with another girl.

A few weeks in to starting at a new school and I got with a new guy at a party, not thinking that anything would come of it. However since then, we have been to numerous parties together, spent loads of time talking and stuff, but he's recently admitted to me that he really 'likes me' but does not want anything serious, and would rather have a 'friends with benefits' kind of thing. I was absolutely fine with this, but now my ex is also in touch with me, and really wants another shot with me.

I am split between just staying in a relaxed thing with the new guy, or taking back my very caring and loving ex-boyfriend who 'apparently' regrets everything so much.

I am fearful of getting hurt but I think it is inevitable in this situation. But put it this way, at the moment I think I am in favour of keeping it as a relaxed thing with the new guy.

The answer may seem obvious to you, but any advice would be appreciated.
    Thankss
    Your ex wasn't caring and loving. He slept with another girl. He probably does regret it, but it doesn't mean he deserves another shot. Could you really ever trust him again? I've been in this situation before. My ex cheated and I got back with him, but soon enough we broke up again because I didn't trust him at all, no matter how much I told myself I did.

Trust is everything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.