The Student Room Group

Why don't the police just shoot these anarchist idiots with rubber bullets?

Title says it all really, all these pathetic leftie losers (funny, its always lefties) burning police cars in London, why dont they just shoot them with rubber bullets?

Beyond the fact it would be enjoyable to watch them getting shot, it would solve the problem!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco

Beyond the fact it would be enjoyable to watch them getting shot, it would solve the problem!

thats not a valid argument, plus how would it solve the problem? surely shooting people will just increase tension.
That would be police brutality. They should have the freedom to shout their idiotic backwards ideas all they want. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't give you the right to attack them, even though no doubt a lot of them would be prepared to do the same to you.

I say that as a free-market capitalist.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Rubber bullets are a last resort, they only increase the tension.
Rubber bullets are fairly ineffective at debilitating the target. I would suggest a 12 gauge bean bag round.

Reply 5
Original post by chantalc
thats not a valid argument, plus how would it solve the problem? surely shooting people will just increase tension.

Argument? Idiots causing violence = get shot by police.
Reply 6
Original post by Jonny360
That would be police brutality. They should have the freedom to shout their idiotic backwards ideas all they want. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't give you the right to attack them, even though no doubt a lot of them would be prepared to do the same to you.

I say that as a free-market capitalist.

I'm talking about launching fireworks at police horses and burning police cars......
Reply 7
Original post by Andy98
Rubber bullets are a last resort, they only increase the tension.

Increase the tension then, so long as the police shoot them even more if violence starts.

Protest in peace, or get shot. Simple!
Reply 8
What about your right to protest .. that's more important than police cars
Argument? Idiots causing violence = get shot by police.

imo, shooting people will not help the situation and its more than likely to cause a negative reaction and cause even more clashes. I agree that some protesters may be causing some damage and being violent, but thats a minority. We live in a free country and have the right to protest, and its a shame when people turn things violent but shooting people is just wrong imo.
(edited 8 years ago)
I give my support to the 99%

I can't hear many fireworks this year pal #Recession
I'm talking about launching fireworks at police horses and burning police cars......

Water cannons work pretty well over here in NI without causing damage to property, enraging the crowd or running the risk of injuring someone (including innocents for example).
Original post by demx9
What about your right to protest .. that's more important than police cars

The right to protest does not include criminal damage.
Original post by chantalc
imo, shooting people will not help the situation and its more than likely to cause a negative reaction and cause even more clashes. I agree that some protesters may be causing some damage and being violent, but thats a minority. We live in a free country and have the right to protest and shooting people is just wrong imo.

I would like to see someone try and clash with a regiment of police wielding 12 gauge shotguns loaded with bean bags.
Title says it all really, all these pathetic leftie losers (funny, its always lefties) burning police cars in London, why dont they just shoot them with rubber bullets?

why are you so violent? Why would you wish for harm to befall on your fellow countrymen and the human race in general? you are such an evil person. Do you know that rubber bullets can actually kill people?
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jun/11/mod-rubber-bullets-lethal-records
Reply 15
Original post by ~Seraphina~
why are you so violent? Why would you wish for harm to befall on your fellow countrymen and the human race in general? you are such an evil person. Do you know that rubber bullets can actually kill people?

Why would I wish harm against the people launching fireworks at police on horseback?

Violent "protesters" should be met violently.

Why would I wish harm against the people launching fireworks at police on horseback?

No, it leaves one guy blind and the other one a pirate.
I don't think they should let them get away with it, but I think they should run video cameras and put protesters responsible in jail for destruction of property. Also, I think something as simple as turning a hose on the protesters can get them in line. They're all fired up and angry... so cool them down and they can come to their senses. I think there's also a type of gas that can be used that stings and burns, but doesn't actually cause any long-term harm.

Having a right to protest is not the same as having a right to fire things at people or destroy property. At that point it's not a protest, but a riot.

Of course, I would support the right of police to use shoot people who have guns in the US, but that's because once the criminal has a gun, your options are limited and it may be a kill-or-be-killed situation. Good thing about the UK is that that's far less common.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest