Choosing a course Watch

rokomajic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi. I like technology and computers very much but I am looking for something with more hardware than software. I don't like maths that much. I am not sure is Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Engineering good for me ? I think that better fits me than ordinary computer science ?

Thank you
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you say you are interested in hardware, do you mean Electronics? Something to bear in mind is that a degree in electronics doesn't entail much plugging of PCI cards or soldering components onto bread board. It is very theoretical although you will do practical sessions, but these will be more akin to what you might do in the physics lab. Make sure you go to a few open days to find out exactly what will be entailed.
rokomajic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
When you say you are interested in hardware, do you mean Electronics? Something to bear in mind is that a degree in electronics doesn't entail much plugging of PCI cards or soldering components onto bread board. It is very theoretical although you will do practical sessions, but these will be more akin to what you might do in the physics lab. Make sure you go to a few open days to find out exactly what will be entailed.
Electronics is fine but I would like to work mostly with computers and stuff like that....Not sure about electronics but I'm looking for something where I can study not only computer software but hardware too, or at least something where I have an option to choose between the two. That why I mentioned computer system engineering (there I saw hardware written on the programme and something like "for people that like to look inside the box") I think that would fit me better than ordinary computer science.
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (134)
18.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
9.93%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (127)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (224)
30.48%

Watched Threads