The Student Room Group

is he using me??

i've been seeing this guy for about 6 months, we don't see each other often because he's at work and i'm at uni. we used to text a lot, but now we text less than once a week :/
i understand that he's busy and so i don't want to bother him by texting him all the time.
but whenever he has time off work he'll text me and ask if i want to meet up. and whenever we do meet up we end up doing "stuff" lol

i know he has lots of friends who are girls, and sometimes i feel like he's maybe more interested in some of them than he is in me. i don't want to be that annoying girl who tells him to stop talking to other girls and give me more attention, but sometimes it really annoys me.
this sounds immature, but it pisses me off when he likes and comments on other girls' pictures on instagram.

i'm the type of girl who is really good at hiding things and showing that i don't care, but obviously i do, i just don't want to say anything because it makes it look like i'm obsessed with him. and that's just creepy.

is he just using me for his own sexual pleasure?
i don't understand guys, they say they want a girl who is chilled out but it seems as if they enjoy being with a clingy psycho girl more.
This depends. When you say you're 'seeing him', does this just mean you fool around? Or are you actually going on dates, getting to know each other etc?

If it's the former then yes, I'd say he's using you. If it's the latter, if you aren't officially a couple he can post and comment on whatever he wants (although tbf he can still do that once you're together as long as it's not emotional cheating). Maybe try going out together and not just messing around every time you meet up.

And you can always straight up ask him if it's purely fwb or if he intends to take it further
Original post by booyahkasha
i've been seeing this guy for about 6 months, we don't see each other often because he's at work and i'm at uni. we used to text a lot, but now we text less than once a week :/
i understand that he's busy and so i don't want to bother him by texting him all the time.
but whenever he has time off work he'll text me and ask if i want to meet up. and whenever we do meet up we end up doing "stuff" lol

i know he has lots of friends who are girls, and sometimes i feel like he's maybe more interested in some of them than he is in me. i don't want to be that annoying girl who tells him to stop talking to other girls and give me more attention, but sometimes it really annoys me.
this sounds immature, but it pisses me off when he likes and comments on other girls' pictures on instagram.

i'm the type of girl who is really good at hiding things and showing that i don't care, but obviously i do, i just don't want to say anything because it makes it look like i'm obsessed with him. and that's just creepy.

is he just using me for his own sexual pleasure?
i don't understand guys, they say they want a girl who is chilled out but it seems as if they enjoy being with a clingy psycho girl more.

All humans use other humans.
My advice is just as useful as all the other attempts at offering a perspective on something of which none of us neither (a) have a full understanding nor (b) have any solution.
The third what?

It is useful. Many people are able to develop a stoic attitude to life when they recognise that people often "use" each other. What I posted was not ****e, nor void of context, nor devoid of value.
Reply 5
Original post by georgiaswift
This depends. When you say you're 'seeing him', does this just mean you fool around? Or are you actually going on dates, getting to know each other etc?

If it's the former then yes, I'd say he's using you. If it's the latter, if you aren't officially a couple he can post and comment on whatever he wants (although tbf he can still do that once you're together as long as it's not emotional cheating). Maybe try going out together and not just messing around every time you meet up.

And you can always straight up ask him if it's purely fwb or if he intends to take it further

we go on dates, and get to know each other. but we always end up doing something sexually related. probably because we don't see each other often.

i think i will ask him, but i don't want to come across as desperate and clingy :/
tbh i've never been in a proper relationship. like, i've been in open relationships before but none have lasted long obviously.
i don't know why, i just don't know how to put up with relationships, so guys automatically assume i just want an open relationship. i don't like commitment.. i'm scared to commit.
Reply 6
tbh i don't know.. we have never really talked about what kind of a relationship we're in.
i don't like using the term bf/gf because i dunno... i don't feel like he's my bf because we don't talk as much, or see each other as much as bf'gf's should.

thanks for your help anyway! :smile: i will definitely talk to him about this, i just hope it goes well..
Reply 7
i'm not in an open relationship atm though, i'm only seeing him.

i don't know.. i think it's because i can't be bothered being in a proper relationship because they are sooo much effort. and i'm still young, only 21, so i'm not worried about finding an actual partner right now.
but it's starting to annoy me, i actually want to be in a relationship with this guy, but i feel like maybe he's just using me for the time being until he finds a girl he's actually interested in...
maybe i'm just paranoid
Reply 8
If he is not emotionally invested in you, then yes, he is using you for your 'stuff'.

EDIT: Actually after reading this
Original post by booyahkasha
i'm only seeing him.

i can't be bothered being in a proper relationship because they are sooo much effort.
maybe i'm just paranoid

Then you are both FWBs and you're using each other.
But I guess he would be the one assumed to be using you because he is the one who texts you to meet up.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending