Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I hate my uni help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Sorry to post such a depressing thread but I'm not sure what to do. I really hate studying at the uni I'm at. My degree is music, and I absolutely love music but I'm losing enthusiasm here. My assignments feel way too hard for me, I only got a C in my first test even though I studied for it pretty hard, and I don't understand half of my lectures. I feel so frustrated and scared a lot of the time and I don't know what I should do! My uni is considered the best in Scotland for music so I don't know if I'm just being stupid or negative. I wake up literally dreading each day and even the smallest tasks feel like these huge mountains to climb. I go from happy and normal to really sad and unhappy in just a few minutes. The thought of another four years here fills me with fear but I don't know where else to go. It was my dream to come here but now I feel like I've completely lost my way. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do because I have no idea.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiepenguin)
    Help me, I really hate studying at the uni I'm at but I don't know what to do. My degree is music, and I absolutely love music but I'm losing enthusiasm here. My assignments are way too hard, I only got a C in my first test even though I studied for it pretty hard, and I don't understand half of my lectures. I feel so frustrated and scared the whole time and I don't know what I should do! My uni is considered the best in Scotland for music so I don't know if I'm just being stupid or negative. I wake up literally dreading each day and all the small tasks feel like these huge mountains to climb. I go from happy and normal to really sad and unhappy in just a few minutes. The thought of another four years here fills me with fear but I don't know where else to go. It was my dream to come here but now I feel like I've completely lost my way. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do because I have no idea.
    Go and speak to your personal tutor. This is precisely the kind of thing they are there for and they will help you get a bit more perspective on things.

ReputationRep:
    Some lectures you just won't 'understand' in some subjects without doing your own reading after them!
    It sounds like you are on 'the best' course in Scotland for your subject, with that will come a degree (pardon the pun) of challenge.
    You sound like you may be suffering from anxiety/depression -you could see your GP?

How is your social life outside of the course? Do you live in or at home?

See your personal tutor though as well as has been said!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.