Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Crush on a stranger at school watch

Announcements

Please help. Its an on going issue for me now for almost a month and with stress at home I dont think I can take it any longer.

The new academic year has brought new people to my sixth form because the surrounding secondary school has no sixth form attached. Earlier last month I took the bus home and because my route home is really quiet I notice this boy whos in my sixth form walking right behind me.

That first day i didnt take notice much, but then the second and third day he took the same bus as me, thats when i had more time to analyse evrrything and think about him. At that point i knew i like him. Hes unique looking with nice eyes and his quiet character is just something i relate to so much, hes got friends though. So overall i dont think its just a physical attraction but personality wise as well. After this ive made the effort to catch the early bus so i can be on it with him, ive tried to walk by him to the bus today and gosh hes a fast walker xD

But to be honest i dont think he'll return the feelings and i just want to get it over with. I saw him today on the bus and it made me so bubbly inside but also miserable because its not leading to anything at all. Ive fantasized about going on dates with him and i think thats going over board. Its like an obsession now and because hes a stranger i dont want it to go on anymore i mean would someone in the year above you even acknowledge you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i mean would someone in the year above you even acknowledge you?
    In short, yes. Most people don't care about a year's difference in age.

I understand you're upset that it's not leading anywhere but in all honesty, you're not exactly being a catalyst
    I'd suggest sitting next to him on the bus (if there aren't loads of empty seats, otherwise he might get a bit freaked out) and if there's something you visibly have in common with him, like a band badge on his bag that you like or something, you could comment on it. Just strike up a conversation. Be like "Hey, you go to my sixth form, right? What do you study?" and see where it goes from there. You won't know what might happen, and life's too short to be pondering "what ifs" - go for it! A friendly bus conversation isn't anything serious so chances are he'll react to it well

Good luck, I hope whatever happens you're happy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You like his personality but you haven't spoken to him?

The stalk game is strong in this one.

(Original post by Use Err Name)
    You like his personality but you haven't spoken to him?

The stalk game is strong in this one.
    Yes i know it sounds unusual but I believe the impression he gives and his character is just blatant obvious from the way he looks and talk to his friends. It outshines if that makes sense.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes i know it sounds unusual but I believe the impression he gives and his character is just blatant obvious from the way he looks and talk to his friends. It outshines if that makes sense.
    don't judge a book by its cover yeah? not cool.

racist

(Original post by pizzad0gs)
    In short, yes. Most people don't care about a year's difference in age.

I understand you're upset that it's not leading anywhere but in all honesty, you're not exactly being a catalyst
    I'd suggest sitting next to him on the bus (if there aren't loads of empty seats, otherwise he might get a bit freaked out) and if there's something you visibly have in common with him, like a band badge on his bag that you like or something, you could comment on it. Just strike up a conversation. Be like "Hey, you go to my sixth form, right? What do you study?" and see where it goes from there. You won't know what might happen, and life's too short to be pondering "what ifs" - go for it! A friendly bus conversation isn't anything serious so chances are he'll react to it well

Good luck, I hope whatever happens you're happy
    Aw thank you for the advice, although the only thing i can say now for sure is that we 're both quiet and dont hang around a lot of people after school (its a norm here to hang out with friends after school but we dont, we just got straight home xD ) its really hard to sit next with him he either sits on the outside like a gesture to say he wants to sit alone or he has this massive guitar with him (which is another thing that makes me cuckoo over him) i really want to get him out of my head. Do you think time will make me forget or do i have to do something?

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you for the advice, although the only thing i can say now for sure is that we 're both quiet and dont hang around a lot of people after school (its a norm here to hang out with friends after school but we dont, we just got straight home xD ) its really hard to sit next with him he either sits on the outside like a gesture to say he wants to sit alone or he has this massive guitar with him (which is another thing that makes me cuckoo over him) i really want to get him out of my head. Do you think time will make me forget or do i have to do something?
    No problem Ahhh are there never times when the bus is quite full? If so you could ask him to move so you can sit next to him (when he doesn't have his guitar with him)
    Do you play guitar? If so, boom, instant conversation starter If not you could ask if he's in a band etc. assuming you manage to sit by him

If it's too difficult and you just want to get over him, time does help, but you could also try to see him less often, i.e. not get the earlier bus anymore. (blocking people out of my life helps me get over them, not sure if that's the case for you but if it is you could give it a shot)

(Original post by pizzad0gs)
    No problem Ahhh are there never times when the bus is quite full? If so you could ask him to move so you can sit next to him (when he doesn't have his guitar with him)
    Do you play guitar? If so, boom, instant conversation starter If not you could ask if he's in a band etc. assuming you manage to sit by him

If it's too difficult and you just want to get over him, time does help, but you could also try to see him less often, i.e. not get the earlier bus anymore. (blocking people out of my life helps me get over them, not sure if that's the case for you but if it is you could give it a shot)
    wow i never thought of just blocking him out i will try now to not take the early bus anymore! and maybe if it's fate or something, then i'll see him when i go to sixth form next year ^_^ thank you !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.