The French Revolution and Napoleon 1789-1804 Watch

~Seraphina~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm with the CIE exam board (thanks to my mom's decision). I did a search on this forum and did not find an existing topic so I thought I'll just create a new thread on The French Revolution and Napoleon 1789-1804. I hope we can share resources and discuss everything under the sun about this interesting chapter.
~Seraphina~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Would you say Napoleon was a despot who craved power or simply a good ruler of France?

HannahWalker100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ~Seraphina~)
Hi everyone. I'm with the CIE exam board (thanks to my mom's decision). I did a search on this forum and did not find an existing topic so I thought I'll just create a new thread on The French Revolution and Napoleon 1789-1804. I hope we can share resources and discuss everything under the sun about this interesting chapter.
Hey! Try the Access to History France in Revolution, Fourth Edition book by Dylan Rees. I used this last year and it helps so much
Inkfigment
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I just finished my AS level for the CIE board and I finished those topics. I got a B but I resat it this October November and I hope it comes out better this time but I'm not really sure. Anyway, I followed the CIE endorsed textbooks for my exams. This would be the one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/110...=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

For the source based paper, I took the international option (and I got an A in that paper. Woohoo!). You can follow the International history book if you're doing that option as well.
Basically, what I've learnt from using these books is that they give you an outline but that's pretty much it. You have to do your own research based on what you get. I did find a pdf for a very thorough french revolution study. I'll try to find it again.
Good luck!
Inkfigment
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ~Seraphina~)
Would you say Napoleon was a despot who craved power or simply a good ruler of France?

I think he was a bit of both to be honest. Despite having brought good social and economic policies to France, he still made sure that he got credit for all his work. He altered the press and only employed people who supported him but ultimately he was able to bring France to a better place as a country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (166)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise