Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I completed AQA PHY3T and PHY6T last year as an external student. Both exams went really well and I felt I achieved around 100% in both.

However on results day I ended up with a B and an E. Because they are practicals I was not able get a remark unless the exam centre I took them at agreed to send all of their papers back for remodulation.

My exam centre did however provide my with a scan of my scripts and I got 49/50 for both papers, which was what I expected.

So how can the result for PHY6T vary so wildly after remodulation, I went from a high (almost perfect A) to a mid E. Surley with access to a standardised marking scheme I can't have lost that many marks due to modulation and as I said I was very happy with how the paper went.

BTW, I got 112/120 and 103/120 in units 1 & 2, (With A grade being above 96).

Has anyone else been in this scenario, or could anyone shed any light as to how this could happen.

Also does anyone know where I could get access to the marking scheme for PHY3T or PHY6T. This marking scheme will not be on AQAs website until next year. If anyone has it I would be very grateful if you could pass it on to me so I could decide whether or not to lodge a complaint against AQA.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdi2)
    Hi,

I completed AQA PHY3T and PHY6T last year as an external student. Both exams went really well and I felt I achieved around 100% in both.

However on results day I ended up with a B and an E. Because they are practicals I was not able get a remark unless the exam centre I took them at agreed to send all of their papers back for remodulation.

My exam centre did however provide my with a scan of my scripts and I got 49/50 for both papers, which was what I expected.

So how can the result for PHY6T vary so wildly after remodulation, I went from a high (almost perfect A) to a mid E. Surley with access to a standardised marking scheme I can't have lost that many marks due to modulation and as I said I was very happy with how the paper went.

BTW, I got 112/120 and 103/120 in units 1 & 2, (With A grade being above 96).

Has anyone else been in this scenario, or could anyone shed any light as to how this could happen.

Also does anyone know where I could get access to the marking scheme for PHY3T or PHY6T. This marking scheme will not be on AQAs website until next year. If anyone has it I would be very grateful if you could pass it on to me so I could decide whether or not to lodge a complaint against AQA.

Thanks
    I'm not sure what really might have happened and I don't know if you still can lodge a complaint but here are the mark schemes for the ISAs.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf PHY3TP 2015 FINAL MARKING GUIDELINES v3.pdf (297.6 KB, 136 views)
  2. File Type: pdf PHY6TP 2015 FINAL MARKING GUIDELINES v3.pdf (264.4 KB, 268 views)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the mark schemes, they will be very useful.

Apparently I have six months to lodge a complaint and can do so through AQAs internal department and if still not satisfied can complain to Ofsted.

So depending on the response I get back from AQA, I will be raising a complaint with Ofsted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdi2)
    Thanks for the mark schemes, they will be very useful.

Apparently I have six months to lodge a complaint and can do so through AQAs internal department and if still not satisfied can complain to Ofsted.

So depending on the response I get back from AQA, I will be raising a complaint with Ofsted.
    No worries.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    To update,

I did option Q for PHY6T (The practical was on SHM). Mehrdad would you (or anyone else) have the marking scheme for this.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdi2)
    To update,

I did option Q for PHY6T (The practical was on SHM). Mehrdad would you (or anyone else) have the marking scheme for this.

Thanks
    Sorry, I should have asked you first but I assumed it was option P. Here they are:
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdf PHY3TQ 2015 FINAL MARKING GUIDELINES v3.pdf (279.4 KB, 123 views)
  4. File Type: pdf PHY6TQ 2015 FINAL MARKING GUIDELINES v4.pdf (278.5 KB, 255 views)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again Mehrdad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.