Why is he doing this ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I had no idea but my boyfriend has been talking to his ex on - Facebook at the very least . He left his phone out when he was getting drinks and I noticed her name flash up ...didn't have time to seethe message properly but something about she thought he was ringing her that night ...!! I was so shocked I didn't say anything and when came back he glanced at his phone then put it in his pocket ... keep wrestling with this trying to write it off as innocent ... Had no idea they were still in touch although I know they had been together a while . Should I just ignore it if he seems happy with me ?
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't make a big deal out of nothing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Don't make a big deal out of nothing.
Thank you for the insight but since when has it not been a big deal for your boyfriend/girlfriend to be ringing their ex? There's obviously a conversation gone on before that so am
Struggling with it
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd even say he's not worth being around because he dares to keep something hidden from you...
Darien91
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to ask him about it. Not confront, just ask. Say innocently that her name popped up when he left his phone the other night and you were unaware they were in contact. If he starts asking shifty then you will start to have a better picture of whats going on, but on the other hand it could just be innocent and they are trying to be civil/friends again. Like you said they were together for a while and even if they don't want to be together anymore it's hard completely cutting off someone you invested a lot of time in.

You do need to bring it up though, as things like that left unanswered will eat away at you, and eventually it'll cause a huge argument
FishLover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had no idea but my boyfriend has been talking to his ex on - Facebook at the very least . He left his phone out when he was getting drinks and I noticed her name flash up ...didn't have time to seethe message properly but something about she thought he was ringing her that night ...!! I was so shocked I didn't say anything and when came back he glanced at his phone then put it in his pocket ... keep wrestling with this trying to write it off as innocent ... Had no idea they were still in touch although I know they had been together a while . Should I just ignore it if he seems happy with me ?
Talk to him about it?
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How long you been going out together and how long has he been split from her
Anonymous #1
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
How long you been going out together and how long has he been split from her
Hi thanks ... He left her last Xmas after 2 years together said he wasn't happy anymore ... We were already good friends and we got together properly around Easter
tepeon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You just need to calmly ask him. Dont let it blow up into an argument, chances are it is innocent, but you cant just ignore it if it makes you uncomfortable.
wood24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If he's your boyfriend surely you're close enough to just ask him about it casually? It's fair enough to be worried about it so make sure you tell him, it's probably nothing and therefore you'll get the reassurance you want. If he gets angry that you brought it up or seems shifty then you'll know somethings up...
RoyalMarine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No point asking him. He will say he just said hi or something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads