Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why is he doing this ? watch

Announcements

I had no idea but my boyfriend has been talking to his ex on - Facebook at the very least . He left his phone out when he was getting drinks and I noticed her name flash up ...didn't have time to seethe message properly but something about she thought he was ringing her that night ...!! I was so shocked I didn't say anything and when came back he glanced at his phone then put it in his pocket ... keep wrestling with this trying to write it off as innocent ... Had no idea they were still in touch although I know they had been together a while . Should I just ignore it if he seems happy with me ?

ReputationRep:
    Don't make a big deal out of nothing.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Don't make a big deal out of nothing.
    Thank you for the insight but since when has it not been a big deal for your boyfriend/girlfriend to be ringing their ex? There's obviously a conversation gone on before that so am
    Struggling with it

ReputationRep:
    I'd even say he's not worth being around because he dares to keep something hidden from you...

ReputationRep:
    You need to ask him about it. Not confront, just ask. Say innocently that her name popped up when he left his phone the other night and you were unaware they were in contact. If he starts asking shifty then you will start to have a better picture of whats going on, but on the other hand it could just be innocent and they are trying to be civil/friends again. Like you said they were together for a while and even if they don't want to be together anymore it's hard completely cutting off someone you invested a lot of time in.

You do need to bring it up though, as things like that left unanswered will eat away at you, and eventually it'll cause a huge argument

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had no idea but my boyfriend has been talking to his ex on - Facebook at the very least . He left his phone out when he was getting drinks and I noticed her name flash up ...didn't have time to seethe message properly but something about she thought he was ringing her that night ...!! I was so shocked I didn't say anything and when came back he glanced at his phone then put it in his pocket ... keep wrestling with this trying to write it off as innocent ... Had no idea they were still in touch although I know they had been together a while . Should I just ignore it if he seems happy with me ?
    Talk to him about it?

ReputationRep:
    How long you been going out together and how long has he been split from her

(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    How long you been going out together and how long has he been split from her
    Hi thanks ... He left her last Xmas after 2 years together said he wasn't happy anymore ... We were already good friends and we got together properly around Easter

ReputationRep:
    You just need to calmly ask him. Dont let it blow up into an argument, chances are it is innocent, but you cant just ignore it if it makes you uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    If he's your boyfriend surely you're close enough to just ask him about it casually? It's fair enough to be worried about it so make sure you tell him, it's probably nothing and therefore you'll get the reassurance you want. If he gets angry that you brought it up or seems shifty then you'll know somethings up...

ReputationRep:
    No point asking him. He will say he just said hi or something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.