Turn on thread page Beta

Cameron Bonfire Night watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-34731830

Looks like Cameron is really popular with the crowd these days for the wrong reasons.

ReputationRep:
    You can burn as many effigies as you like, he'll still be the Prime Minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    You can burn as many effigies as you like, he'll still be the Prime Minister.
    Thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-34731830

Looks like Cameron is really popular with the crowd these days for the wrong reasons.

It's a shame they didn't burn an effigy of Maggie. It's almost as if the British public has almost forgotten about her great policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Sigh, here we go again. You've taken a very small selection and then tried to imply that it represents the population as a whole.

Taken from the article a few lines later:

Effigies this year included former BBC Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson

Are you also suggesting he is hugely unpopular?

Give it a rest, we know you hate tories and anyone else who works for what they receive. No need to remind us on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    I knew this was in Lewes before I even opened the thread :lol:
    They've had some corkers in the past, doesn't surprise me that this has made national news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Cricky! Sense of humour fail.

Do you really not find it vaguely amusing that our public school toff of a Prime Minister did what he allegedly did? How the other half live eh? I can only dream.
    More to do with the OPs posting habits than the story.

Just out of interest, do you like to stereo type people on racial lines as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Just out of interest, do you like to stereo type people on racial lines as well?
    Blimey - am I racially abusing someone by calling them a toff? What about calling someone a leftie? Is that racial abuse as well?

I would have said toff was a perfect description of Cameron, being a former Bullington member.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toff

ReputationRep:
    Looks like something out of a Dickens novel.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiled it by being from the RT.

ReputationRep:
    Er, it's Lewes. There's hardly a single major politician of any longevity that hasn't been burned. They've done Obama, Putin, Bush, Blair, Assad, Merkel, Clegg... even Charles Clarke- last year it was Salmond.

ReputationRep:
    DC was not actually naked... you can see some blue underpants there. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    DC was not actually naked... you can see some blue underpants there. :yep:
    Union Jack actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Cricky! Sense of humour fail.

Do you really not find it vaguely amusing that our public school toff of a Prime Minister did what he allegedly did? How the other half live eh? I can only dream.
    Cameron *may* have had relations with a pig.
    Corbyn spelt with, many times, Dianne Abbot. A racist, hypocritical pig.

So I find Cameron amusing, Corbyn sickening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Cameron *may* have had relations with a pig.
    Corbyn spelt with, many times, Dianne Abbot. A racist, hypocritical pig.

So I find Cameron amusing, Corbyn sickening.
    Abbot Is a horrible, horrible woman. She was only in the cabinet due to her affair with Corbyn back in the day. I think Jess Phillips needs to give her a slap due to the treatment she got of Abbot. The media are going to keep attacking Corbyn. Why?- because he is a modern day Clement Attlee wants to nationlise things and campaign for the poor. That is what I like about Corbyn- but i think Blairites are going to tactically defect to Lib Dems to get rid of Corbyn in the local council elections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    Abbot Is a horrible, horrible woman. She was only in the cabinet due to her affair with Corbyn back in the day. I think Jess Phillips needs to give her a slap due to the treatment she got of Abbot. The media are going to keep attacking Corbyn. Why?- because he is a modern day Clement Attlee wants to nationlise things and campaign for the poor. That is what I like about Corbyn- but i think Blairites are going to tactically defect to Lib Dems to get rid of Corbyn in the local council elections.
    Corbyn is attacked for;
    his ridiculous stance on Trident
    his ridiculous stance on the welfare state
    his ridiculous stance on immigration
    his ridiculous stance on monetary policy and the deficit
    his ridiculous love of terrorists

There isn't some great conspiracy against him; if he had views palatable with the public in any way he would be fine, but he doesn't. The media criticise all politicians but some just ask for themselves to be criticised (like Corbyn).

ReputationRep:
    The media are spinning everything to make him look bad. Why? because he wants corporations to pay more tax so they are tactically assassinating him by spinning everything to over-exaggerate it to get the general public to hate him. They describe him as far left but cameron is far right and does not get a label. The media need to be spinning stories to get caught out by who people like you refer to as "Dinosaur Dennis" Due to income of me and in my area i would never ever vote conservative. I would rather vote for the greens who i pretty much hate. The Corbyn policies I'm against is;
    Mass Immigration
    Anti Trident
    If i had to compare myself to a Labour leader i would probably say i am closest to Gordon Brown. I do not associate myself as being a blairite. I agree on Corbyn's anti austerity stance though, it is not the peoples or a political parties fault that the recession happened it was the overpaid, Lazy, inept bankers who spent money they did not had. No regulation did not help but politicians on both sides agreed with no regulation.

(Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Corbyn is attacked for;
    his ridiculous stance on Trident
    his ridiculous stance on the welfare state
    his ridiculous stance on immigration
    his ridiculous stance on monetary policy and the deficit
    his ridiculous love of terrorists

There isn't some great conspiracy against him; if he had views palatable with the public in any way he would be fine, but he doesn't. The media criticise all politicians but some just ask for themselves to be criticised (like Corbyn).

ReputationRep:
    I love Lewes.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.