Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently go to a school where you aren't allowed to wear a nose piercing unfortunately. But someone asked a teacher why it's not allowed and she said it's because it doesn't look professional and would never hire someone with a facial piercing. However three of my secondary school teachers had a nose piercing..
    Are they that bad? Should I stop wearing a nose piercing in the world of work?

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not it's viewed as acceptable depends on who you ask. Some employers don't care and others do. But to be on the safe side and to make sure you don't get rejected for jobs it is generally advised not to have visible piercings or tattoos.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the job.

Bar staff: Fine
    Bank manager: Not fine

yes

ReputationRep:
    My mother had a nose piercing and apparently did well enough in her Cambridge interview to get an offer. She then went on (with the piercing) to get a job offer from a top US law firm.

So I think it didn't affect her too much.

EDIT: No, she didn't take it out for the interviews/when she attended/worked at both

ReputationRep:
    A small stud should be alright. Don't wear the hoops they look less professional.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.