Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To those of you who live out (like I did) how long does it take you to get home when you visit. it took me an hour on the train less by car.

ReputationRep:
    5 minute walk to bus stop, then a 20-40 minute bus. 5 minute walk to train station. Then a 20 minute train, then a 15 minute walk from the train station to my house. So it doesn't take me very long to get home really.

ReputationRep:
    35 mins walking, 15-20 in a car

ReputationRep:
    20 minute walk to the coach station, 2 hour coach from uni city to nearest big city, then 40 minute drive to my village. Only ever go home during the holidays and it's hell!

ReputationRep:
    Varies depending on where I am living as each year is a different house, but it is typically a 20-30 min walk. Nothing much.

ReputationRep:
    4 1/2 hours by train; 30 minutes to the station by bus from uni. 20 minutes walk from station to home. This is why I have only gone home once since the start of term, and don't plan on returning until christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    To those of you who live out (like I did) how long does it take you to get home when you visit. it took me an hour on the train less by car.
    First train is about 50 minutes, then another train for 20 so just over an hour for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRaspberry)
    4 1/2 hours by train; 30 minutes to the station by bus from uni. 20 minutes walk from station to home. This is why I have only gone home once since the start of term, and don't plan on returning until christmas.
    Wow. I couldn't be that far from home

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Northern Ireland. I go home once a month. I go by bus, plane and train.

20 minutes on bus and 1 hour and 40 on train, then 1 hour on plane.

So around 3 hours, it's probably shorter than some people who live in England.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.