Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    iv gota do really on this paper if i want to get an A grade.

last maths paper was ridiculous, im hoping this one wont be as bad, but

that doesnt mean im less petrified!im normally fine about maths, but

that last edexcel paper really shook my confidence. i can do probability

well, but really mucked it all up last time.

any advice on self calming remedies people?

ReputationRep:
    I am totally petrified!!! I was meant to be getting high grades but am now hoping for a C!!! Nerve calming remedies??? erm Vodka in your water bottle :rolleyes: lol, no perhaps just do loads of questions that are fairly easy to boost your confidence maybe! I wish you the best of luck and am sure you will be fine!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    The last maths gcse edexcel non-calculator paper was quite hard, as everyone else says and the practice past papers me and my friends done were nothing like the real exam. My best advice is to work hard, do notes and questions to refresh your memory + try to do real exam questions. Drinking tea usually calms down my nerves, prefierably chinese, if not, english is just fine, but don't drink coffee. Get a early sleep tonight, try not to stay up too late and good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    iv gota do really on this paper if i want to get an A grade.

last maths paper was ridiculous, im hoping this one wont be as bad, but

that doesnt mean im less petrified!im normally fine about maths, but

that last edexcel paper really shook my confidence. i can do probability

well, but really mucked it all up last time.

any advice on self calming remedies people?
    that maths paper was just evil

ReputationRep:
    hey yeah im pretty freaked out bout maths tomorrow as well..
    jus bin going thru notes and all that but ermm..does anyone know of any websites that have maths questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrJackal)
    The last maths gcse edexcel non-calculator paper was quite hard, as everyone else says and the practice past papers me and my friends done were nothing like the real exam. My best advice is to work hard, do notes and questions to refresh your memory + try to do real exam questions. Drinking tea usually calms down my nerves, prefierably chinese, if not, english is just fine, but don't drink coffee. Get a early sleep tonight, try not to stay up too late and good luck everyone.
    thanx, may just do all that.im petrified! oh god, im so gona get a C!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    thanx, may just do all that.im petrified! oh god, im so gona get a C!
    a C is still a pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    a C is still a pass
    but you dont really want a C when you know that you are capable of a higher grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    but you dont really want a C when you know that you are capable of a higher grade.
    true but its better than the U im goin 2 get on my bloody textiles exam :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think you probably did better than you thought you did. EVERYONE I have spoken to said they found it very hard, and bearing in mind that a C in the mock exam was somewhere in the region of 30%, the grade boundaries may be even lower this year. I am doing that paper tomorrow, and to calm my nerves I'm going over past papers to see how much I actually know, and realise that if Edexcel throw in another screwy paper, it's their fault not mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    a C is still a pass
    thats true.im being so negative about this paper! iv always been able to do maths and i have so freaked out after struggling loads with the last one! o0h well, take it as is comes.
    thanx everyone! self calming remedies will be taken into consideration, lol!
    thanx
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Well our school complained to the exam board cuz even the maths teachers found the paper really hard, it was a new bloke making that paper and he didnt realise how hard he made it but if u have maths 2moz the paper will be just as hard as they have already been printed ! and i aint even done any revisin for it as i am trying to do his but i think i shud scrape an A wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spartaprague)
    Well our school complained to the exam board cuz even the maths teachers found the paper really hard, it was a new bloke making that paper and he didnt realise how hard he made it but if u have maths 2moz the paper will be just as hard as they have already been printed ! and i aint even done any revisin for it as i am trying to do his but i think i shud scrape an A wish me luck
    It doesn't matter how hard the paper is realistically, because the grade boundaries will probably be so low.

ReputationRep:
    but if u have maths 2moz the paper will be just as hard as they have already been printed !
    oh bloody crap. that really stinks. that's worse than the sun blowing up. im going to find that new guy and teach him a lesson in pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    oh bloody crap. that really stinks. that's worse than the sun blowing up. im going to find that new guy and teach him a lesson in pain.
    come tell me when you are doin it, ill help you.
    normally there is one impossible paper and one kinda ok one. we did last yrs for our mock and i found the calculator impossible, so im hopin 2moro's will kinda be ok. there is a limit to the number of impossible q's and the crappy new guy pretty much covered them all on the last paper!
    HATE HIM!!! IM PETRIFIED! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    oh my god, someone slap that man immediately. well there goes my train of thought that this paper might be relatively easier

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.